Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 AM
Buji
mouseman

TONIGHT... Scribble - New Single
From Underworldlive.com:

The first new Underworld music in two and a half years is available from tonight (13th May 2010) via this site.

Described as a gene-splice between Yellow Magic Orchestra and Grooverider blasting out over the dancefloor at Fabric on a Friday night, Scribble is a writing and production collaboration with Hospital recording artist High Contrast.

It will be played tonight for the first time in the world on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio One show, between 7 and 9pm UK time.

This short version of Scribble will be available immediately after broadcast as a free MP3 download for one week only through this site. A high quality MP3 (320 kbps) and WAV version will be available for purchase through the underworldlive.com shop.

On Friday this week (15th May 2010), Radio One’s Pete Tong will exclusively air the long version of Scribble on his show, between 9 and 11pm UK time. Scribble is the first track taken from Underworld’s forthcoming sixth studio album which is due at the end of the summer. Hope you like it.

HOW TO GET YOUR FREE COPY OF ’SCRIBBLE’

From 9pm BST (8pm GMT) this evening (13th May 2010) for one week only you can download the short version of ’Scribble" for free by logging into your Underworldlive.com account, or registering a new account.

Existing users:
- Click here and login with your username and password. If you’ve lost / forgotten your password, you can retrieve it by clicking "lost your password?"
- Once logged in, you’ll find what’ your looking for on your members page.

New users:
- Click here and register a new account with underworldlive.com. It’s free and only requires you to have a valid email address. You will have to activate your membership by clicking through the activation link in the email our system will send you.
- Once activated, click here to log in, and you’ll find what you’re looking for on your members page.

Buji's original post below:

BBC Radio 1, Zane Lowe show, UK time zone 7-9pm tonight - "Hello"

Is this it, the first listen of new Underworld music, maybe a promo single??

Last edited by stimpee; 05-14-2010 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Sorry for Hijacking your thread buji....
Old 05-13-2010, 05:02 AM
ThingInABook
vision

Re: TONIGHT...
great! at that time of the day it'll be 2pm (hello, south hemisphere here) and i might be able to hear it. and maybe recording it.

can't wait. hope to hear some new stuff.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:43 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

well you'll be able to download it too!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Buji
mouseman

It's official, new Underworld track tonight called 'Scribble', short version on Zane Lowe tonight, full version to played on Pete Tongs show on Friday. The track is taken from the new album.

Full info here:
http://www.underworldlive.com/diarie...e.asp?DID=1311

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssss!

Do we take it that it's a new version of 'You Do Scribble' or is that too easy!!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 AM
DaddyAdv
pants

This short version of Scribble will be available immediately after broadcast as a free MP3 download for one week only through this site.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:38 AM
the-star-samurai
never to part this sky

I nearly cried hearing about this from their Twitter.

...I am dead serious.

Plus new album by the end of the summer?! This news just made my week even BETTER. ♥♥♥
Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 AM
the-star-samurai
never to part this sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Sorry, but YOU DO SCRIBBLE is not a new track. Seriously disappointed and pissed off if its YDS! That's just about the weakest 'new' track they've done in the last 5 years. Strumpet, Between Stars and Diamond Jigsaw are all better.
Well the page says it's a collab with High Contrast (which surprised me even more because I love High Contrast already) - so I don't think it's a new version of "You Do Scribble".

Though. I do like "You Do Scribble". But either way I'll be impressed, because I've never been disappointed by Underworld. I have faith in them. ;D
Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

i DO like that artwork!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:57 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

it's very
um
literal i suppose