Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2012, 03:55 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
apparently - if I redownload the track, it'll make it IMPOSSIBLE to download anything from my US iTunes for the next 90 days! (when I won't even have my UK card anymore)
How would they even know? They're two completely separate accounts.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:30 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
...yea - I don't know. Maybe they'll make it so that I can't switch accounts again? So I'd be 'locked in' on one account?

Only thing I can figure, is if it's because I'm using the same laptop (and the same iTunes application)...

Maybe I'll try and re-download it from someone else's computer, while signed into my other account.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Please use the links below to buy, and Born Dirty will get a small referral commission, which goes to help run the site and forums.

Isles of Wonder: Music For the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, is available for purchase NOW on iTunes, with a physical double-CD release coming next week.

Digital download: iTunes UK, iTunes US
CD pre-order: Amazon UK, Amazon US
The soundtrack is available on Amazon's MP3 store now. Can the Born Dirty site set up a link to get a referral commision from them, too? Or does Amazon not offer that?

-Jason
Old 07-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Really enjoying all the music on the album. Works great as a stand alone piece for repeat listening for years to come. Will buy in CD form, too, when it comes out.

For some reason my file for 'Rez' will only play on my laptop and not on my MP3 player. Never had that happen. All other files work fine for me. Thoughts? I rarely buy stuff from iTunes, not sure where to start.

Thanks, Jason
Old 07-28-2012, 11:52 PM
DaddyAdv
pants

This is an audience shot of the "And I will kiss" sequence, just on the telly you can't realise how much is going on! And all those people moving more or less in sync with the music. Must have been a hell of a job to coordinate this stuff.

And get well soon Rick!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:13 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
The soundtrack is available on Amazon's MP3 store now. Can the Born Dirty site set up a link to get a referral commision from them, too? Or does Amazon not offer that?
Updated with Amazon MP3 links:

Digital download: iTunes UK, iTunes US, Amazon MP3 UK, Amazon MP3 US
CD pre-order: Amazon UK, Amazon US
Old 07-29-2012, 02:32 AM
Dirty Saint
mouseman

http://http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?...fiegRbTg&gl=GB

Simply breathtaking a modern masterpiece
Old 07-29-2012, 02:33 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Amazing that LOCOG let the cover image be released, given that it's the cauldron 'surprise'...
Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

@Troy McClure. Check the finer details of the file. I had a problem with some of my mp3 files but I discovered when checking the file info in a tag program that the mp3's were actually mp2's. I had to convert the files to mp3 so they would play on my preferred player. However the quality really suffers when converting from one lossy format to another.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:12 AM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milking Your Plastic View Post
@Troy McClure. Check the finer details of the file. I had a problem with some of my mp3 files but I discovered when checking the file info in a tag program that the mp3's were actually mp2's. I had to convert the files to mp3 so they would play on my preferred player. However the quality really suffers when converting from one lossy format to another.
that's odd. it should stay exactly the same.
unless you're going from a higher bitrate to a lower one.

if you go from mp2->uncompressed or wav -> mp3
at the same bitrate. it should be the same quality.

later