Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > bound.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:59 AM
myshkin
mouseman

Time Space Bombshell
Time Space Bombshell

A highly respected but anonymous scientist has declared that the mysterious cosmic battery which runs the time element of the universe has started to fade in strength, & so time has begun to slow down. The scientist claims that the rate of time has actually fluctuated through the history of time but because of our existence within time, we have not the required vantage point from outside time with which to view these sometimes considerable fluctuations, & so time appears as a constant. The same scientist claims that the universe also undergoes spatial fluctuations where everything increases or decreases simultaneously in perfect ratio, but naturally again noone notices. He claims his findings are infallibly proven by his mathematical equations. When asked what implications these respective bombshells might have on humanity, he replied, "None that I can think of."
Incidentally, one astute commenter has wondered if there is a danger of the battery which runs time eventually corroding & leaking, thus infecting the universe it has been serving so well. Some of our finest minds have set themselves to investigating what might be the effects of such a toxic spillage.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Re: Time Space Bombshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin
A highly respected but anonymous scientist ...
you can't have "high respect" and anonymity at the same time.

that said:
- time measurement is defined by man, and it's defined in such a way (such-and-such many oscillation of an atom) that it's impossible to "slow down".
- what's this to do with the "bound" forum?
- either post here, or on your blog, but crossposting is anoying and seems like spamming. thanks.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:18 AM
adam
blue

"the rate of time has fluctuated" is nonsensical
Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 AM
myshkin
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanakan
you can't have "high respect" and anonymity at the same time.
You might have noticed it's not a very serious piece, & in the light of that, the above is intentionally whimsical. As for spamming, this forum gets a new thread very rarely so I'd suggest lightening up a bit. And as for what it has to do with the bound section, this section is to do with writing; the few pieces I've posted, which some have obviously enjoyed, are exercises in creative writing, & so here is the natural place for them. Also since this is such a quiet section of the whole site, lively topics aren't pushed from view. Anyway, I've had enough of negativity from certain people, & so with the inevitable pleasure this will bring to some, good luck to all. I'm outta here. Notwithstanding this is an edited piece & the answer below was made before this got edited.

Last edited by myshkin; 08-26-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:00 AM
myshkin
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
"the rate of time has fluctuated" is nonsensical
The point is if you watch a video tape of something speeded up & call the world on tape as a universe, you could say that within that universe time has indeed sped up. Likewise if you slowed down the tape, time within that universe has slowed down. However this would be impossible to notice from inside it as opposed to from outside it as everything would be affected equally & so nothing would be noticed. And so if our universe was fluctuating in these kind of ways, from within it, as we are, it would be impossible to discern.

Last edited by myshkin; 08-26-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

man this thread was like watching a car crash. I just had to wait for the inevitable to unfold.

myshy: leave if you must, I just don't think its too negative to ask to maybe condense the frequent corresponding posts with your blog updates into a single thread or something, or to point out that not doing so appears to be spammy. Call the thread "In case you forgot my blog existed..., love myshkin" because its not just the bound forum, there were a few in world, etc. And its not like the first time caused such a problem with people. It wasn't until like the 10th time someone said something.

So huff off if you want to but I got be honest, I was expecting the kind of righteous indignation you came back with, making everyone but yourself wrong.

just saying...

- Mark Twain