Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:43 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Mastodon - Leviathan
I know most people here won't care at all, but I was in a metal mood yesterday and was downloading some classics and some newer bands that have gotten good reviews and stuff (Isis, Opeth, Mastodon).

Anyways I had heard Mastodon material before but I downloaded the whole Leviathan album, it is AMAZING. The best metal I have heard in years, equal times virtuosity and creativity when this music has the tendency to go towards the virtuosity spectrum. This album brings as many pictures and stories to my head as a Mogwai release, and for a change you wont have to deal with lyrics about random dark, satanic, fantasy bs...

If you like metal at all and you can get over the growly (but not death metal growly) vocals I suggest you download the track 'Blood and Thunder' and if you like that, get the whole thing!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:32 AM
monkeyboy
punk

Re: Mastodon - Leviathan
I fucking agree!!!

My fav song of the album is track 02 I am Ahab.
Indeed it's the best metal i have heard for a long fucking time....way better than
al the hyped bands like system of a down.

I also listen alot to their first album Remission. It's fucking great!
If you haven't listened to it yet you should check it out.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Weenis
EVOL: Fridays, 5pm-7pm Pacific on Dirtyradio

Re: Mastodon - Leviathan
Levithan is Moby Dick reinterpreted. They compaired their lives as a band that goes out for months at a time, leaving their families and loved ones behind to that of a whaler. That's pretty fucking metal if you ask me. God bless the fact that there's a metal band that can actually read.

I love Remission a lot too, but after Leviathan, it's hard to listen to anything else. Supposidy they're cutting demos for their new album right now.

Check out Torche. They're pretty amazing. Not as technical as Mastodon, but heavy with a sense of melody.

-T(om)