Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 AM
happiness stan
mouseman

Re: Bungalow with Stairs album
it'll be no fun without a little suspense building...
Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM
happiness stan
mouseman

dang, I need to go out, save me some of the good stuff
Old 11-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Jamiel
Jamiel

Got it, it is down as the Karl Hyde exhibition catalogue etc. They must have meant 6.54pm GMT.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 AM
funkboy3
Just this guy

30 freaking pounds? Plus 10 pounds shipping to the USA? And no option to just buy the CD?
I've been waiting months for this. Was I just totally naive to expect that it would be possible to get the music to me for around $20?

Sorry if I'm being unreasonable. I'm just bummed at the moment.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:06 AM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy3 View Post
Sorry if I'm being unreasonable. I'm just bummed at the moment.
You and me both. I cannot justify $65+ for a CD, no matter who it is. Sorry. I dearly love this band and just want to be able to hear their music.

Even the Tokyo 3CD set was cheaper.

Last edited by darktrain; 11-19-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Bargo
pants

I'm the same as you guys, I got up to the point of paying for the thing in paypal and realized I really can't justify $65-odd dollars for a single CD anymore in my life. Those times are well behind me now.

All I'd love is a digital version since the first thing I'd be doing with the cd is ripping it to mp3 and then putting it a box, never to see the light of day until I next move house. It makes no sense to me that they underutilize their shop for digital purchases.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Jamiel
Jamiel

I must say that I am really pleased with the set as I wanted the exhibition catalogue too, but it would be nice of they could post the CD as a download at a more reasonable price in the shop too. Maybe it will happen next year, or even before Christmas. I am sure those who bought the package would be happy to have that, and not begrudge the music being more widely available to burn for yourself.............................By the way, returns don't work on my posts, is there some way to get a line return.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:04 PM
grady
fac321

I'm in a similar state of trepidation regarding this purchase as I really want that CD and the catalog would be nice too. But I too got to the purchase page before not going through with it. It also doesn't help that I'm on an unsecure wifi at an airport.

Maybe I'll change my mind by the time I get home later this evening.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
funkboy3
Just this guy

Don't get me wrong, I think its fantastic that they're offering the catalog up to people who are interested. Its just frustrating that its an all or nothing offering.

And while I certainly wouldn't turn down the opportunity to buy just files of the album, I was willing (and actually wanting) to pay a premium for a physical CD.

But when it cost me less than $60 to get the whole "Barking" box (including shipping), it seems nonsensical to have to choose to pay $65 or not have the opportunity to even hear "Bungalow".

Oh well...
Old 11-19-2010, 12:07 PM
darktrain