Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

All Points West v. Rundown
The Setlist:
I'm pretty sure this was the order, but I might be mistaken or have missed something.

0. Intro
Some samples and what not. Sounded good as the first chords struck for...
1. Glam Bucket
Had to be 10+ minutes long and was slamming. Rick was tweaking every last drop out of the desk and karl was strumming as hard as he could.

2. Cowgirl/Rez Outro
3. Pearl's Girl
4. Jumbo
The beginning started out as Nicodermus but it later transformed into Jumbo proper.
5. Two Months Off
Light balloons without lights in them. The show was while the sun was still shining bright.
6. Born Slippy .NUXX
7. Shudder/King of Snake
Karl's head-slam-cam went out for awhile. Not sure if he realized it or not but it was funny to see him still bopping away to that bass beat even while we all saw no picture.
8. Moaner
This killed. It was amazing! Unfortunately the show had to end there but I think this is the one that got the crowd pumping the most.

The Show:
The show sounded amazing. For an outdoor concert, I have to give a huge amount of credit to the sound department. They really deserve an award for this setup. It was odd watching Underworld perform in daylight but there were >5k people watching and cheering the boys on. The backdrop of the Statue of Liberty over in one direction, and NYC in the other made for some terrific scenery. The rain stayed away and the weather was beautiful.

It was an amazing day and a pretty well run festival. The only problems I saw was the the second stage was running behind and thus, in order to see Underworld, I had to leave from watching CSS before they had even finished their first song. The schedule had CSS starting ~45min prior to UW taking the main stage. Oh well, small price to pay.

And lastly, Karl, you shouted out New York even though we were in New Jersey! Don't forget about us Jersey folk!! I expect to see a retraction in the NJ Star Ledger!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: All Points West v. Rundown
Some pictures of the guys live at APW in this slideshow here:
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/All-Po...8allpointswest

Jason
Old 08-09-2008, 07:11 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

<< A fan dances as the band Underground performs during the All Points West Concert August 8, 2008 in Jersey City, New Jersey. >>

Haha. "Underground."
Old 08-09-2008, 11:10 AM
negative1

yeah, you nailed the setlist..

(i'm at the baltimore show now, typing this from the dell booth (internet)...
waiting for the show tonight)

i thought it was a pretty typical show, same US festival lineup of tracks..
oh well, at least they played moaner.... this was probably the shortest
set list they had....since radiohead was coming up next..

besides seeing them in the hammerstein way back for the 'beaucoup fish'
tour, ironically this was the largest crowd that's seen them..

they're relegated to the dance tent tonight, so it will be a much smaller
crowd..

later
Old 08-10-2008, 10:44 AM
qirex
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post

And lastly, Karl, you shouted out New York even though we were in New Jersey! Don't forget about us Jersey folk!! I expect to see a retraction in the NJ Star Ledger!
Yeah - sorry about the NY/Jersey mix up, we're Essex boys a long way from home - The 'quote'
dirty0900 found reads really odd - for the record some of those things I don't recall some aren't right -
maybe I was having a day being someone else. Baltimore was great - people came to dance
& join in the jam & we felt their energy - thank you - like your city a lot. met Spearhead in NY

uwlive
Old 08-10-2008, 01:38 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

aww, I'm only joking. people from this area of nj are practically new yorkers anyway.