Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

universal health care sucks
okay, now i just told deckard that i would play devil's advocate on another forum, but this is actually an issue i believe in.

i'm about to go to bed, but before i do, here are some brief points:
  1. those that can afford health care get it for free on the backs of lower income taxpayers
  2. government determines all prices and takes care of all medical transactions. we all know government is terribly inefficient. check out the current US budget. whether you're a left-winger or right-winger you can't deny that there is an ABSURD amount of waste in the government. it is a common practice in many sectors of government to spend money they don't even need so the funding stays at the same level. government ends up spending way too much on health care, taxpayers end up paying too much, and the economy suffers
  3. there is no system of competition— this means two things, first, prices can be manipulated when there is only one source for a good or service, and secondly, there is no alternative for those seeking better health care. say, for example, someone comes down with cancer and is above the age of 65. the government could determine that they weren't worth paying for since they were out of the workforce, and refuse treatment. but get this: you can't just stop paying if you aren't happy with your health care, or if they refuse to pay for life-saving treatments that free-market health care would pay for. you're stuck, your account is still getting drained for health care (through taxes) and you can't afford an alternate
  4. this is just a personal opinion; it goes against free market principle. it's communism. it's not the government's duty to take over an entire sector of the economy that could be paid for privately.