Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Underworld Live - Birmingham 9th Oct 2007
Just back from the gig... a really really good one, full review later, but highlight included a massive starter of 'Dark Train' merging into 'Cowgirl' a lovely new vocoder section, into 'Rez' via some 'mmm, skyscraper' lyrics, and later on a tremendously stomping 'Kittens' that had the (not too packed out, but very into it) crowd practically ready to annexe the Sudetenland and march into Poland... but I'm sure you'll hear all about it soon - off to the main UW subforum to post the news about CDs :-)
Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Happydonkey
Big Sister

Underworld Live - Birmingham 9th Oct 2007
Just home from Birmingham. Excellent! Had to leave early due to having to catch the longest darkest train ever in the world that left new street at stupid o'clock. Never mind booked in for a dirty weekend at Nottingham. Got a bit flustered when King of snake came on after RiKKi's line up thinking 'not another october evening spent on New Street station looking for platform 2222' but they switched the order naughty tricksters. Still not sure whether its a train or a triangle and wandering whether or not I bring light to you or i've been lied to. Guess it depends if your a half full or half empty person.
It has been a night of revelations, the most profound one being when Jackass asked me where my nose ring was? and I realised that hes been talking to my tits for ten years. Anyhoo going to make him pay now!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Birmingham
I laughed at every line of this.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 AM
suicidalpenguin
Dubnobassinmyshed

Re: Birmingham 9.10.2007
That was absolute class!
Sorted! Nuff said
Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Happydonkey
Big Sister

Re: Birmingham 9.10.2007
There was a very good atmosphere I thought. I was slighty worried if that would be the case as I've been to mid week gigs at the carling academy and people seemed to have been taking it easy probably because they had to work next day. I really prefer smaller more intimate venues were you can get to the bar. Mostly these days the people who watch the same bands as me are older and can be more reserved. I know they were older cos these days I have to use a shiny orb to find my way back to my other half being direction dyslexic. In the old days I just used his shiny bald head to guide me. There are now a sea of shiny bald heads. Certainly not too reserved last night. I tried to do a review last night on underworld but it turned into a drunken ramble and now my head aches too much to recall much except when I wasn't closing my eyes appreciating the music I was appreciating the sparKly Jacket. Missed out on the CD but have order one as I don't think there will be one of Nottingham.