river

Warehouse Project - 5th December 2019
https://www.thewarehouseproject.com/...nderworld-live

Last year's WHP gig was insane
Old 07-17-2019, 02:48 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Warehouse Project - 5th December 2019
A 10,000 capacity venue. Wow, that's going to be quite a different gig from last year.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:19 AM
4thDrawerDown
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
A 10,000 capacity venue. Wow, that's going to be quite a different gig from last year.
Yep:- wish I'd been aware that this was coming up before I took the plunge and booked a weekend in Amsterdam for the Ziggo dome gig the week before
Old 09-25-2019, 07:40 AM
bazwint
mouseman

I was at the Aphex Twin show on Friday. Great venue. Massive. Bigger than the Ibiza superclubs. Less than 5 mins walk from the station. No problems getting in over an hour past the supposed curfew, although a curfew won't apply to the Underworld show as it isn't a club night. Drinks are expensive. Only one cash bar.

Should be a great night.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:05 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thDrawerDown View Post
Last year's WHP gig was insane
Were you at the same gig? Or maybe thats not a compliment? It was overcrowded, with terrible sound, and full if really drunken people. Makes me very skeptical of ever going to anymore WHP gigs.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:02 AM
sidasta
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Were you at the same gig? Or maybe thats not a compliment? It was overcrowded, with terrible sound, and full if really drunken people. Makes me very skeptical of ever going to anymore WHP gigs.
I swear I'm not working on the street team for WHP or anything - I've only just found this forum, so excited for Underworld tonight!

I went to see Groove Armada at WHP last year and was VERY disappointed by the venue, the sound, the people, everything. Even the smell of damp was setting off my allergies. So this year, when I saw the lineup for WHP at the new location, I was skeptical. Booked for Underworld and also for Four Tet.

The new location is infinitely better than the last, and it has become my happy place. There's so much more room to move, each stage has a unique feel (not applicable for Underworld tonight since that's on the main stage only, but worth noting), the outdoor area with its lit seating area and food options is honestly lovely. The lights and lasers are stunning - they take over the entire main room, which gives a really awesome cascading effect as the lights flow in waves towards the back. And the sound is definitely the best club-type sound system I've ever heard. The people? Well, they're still people, but they definitely don't bother me as much as they usually do, I think because there's so much space.

I would strongly suggest you give WHP another try in its current location, preferably before the season ends on New Years Day. It is night and day difference to last year. See if you can find some decent-quality videos on YouTube or Facebook - Bicep closing their set with Glue last week was a well-filmed highlight, I think that video is on WHP's Facebook page.

Underworld will be my fourth WHP in Mayfield Depot, going again tomorrow night for Paradise, Fatboy Slim for my birthday and finally New Year's Day's closing event if I'm not dead by then.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwint View Post
I was at the Aphex Twin show on Friday. Great venue. Massive. Bigger than the Ibiza superclubs. Less than 5 mins walk from the station. No problems getting in over an hour past the supposed curfew, although a curfew won't apply to the Underworld show as it isn't a club night. Drinks are expensive. Only one cash bar.

Should be a great night.
I was at that gig as well. One of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. Unreal.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Just got home from the gig- it was awesome!

From memory the setlist was the same as Amsterdam:
Listen to Their No
Two Months Off
Juanita: Kiteless: To Dream of Love
Soniamode
Another Silent Way
Rez/Cowgirl
I Exhale
This Must Be Drum Street
Beautiful Burnout
Jumbo
Dark & Long (Dark Train)
S T A R (Rebel Tech)
Border Country
Push Upstairs
King of Snake
Born Slippy .NUXX
Always Loved a Film
Moaner

It looked like Rick had a few issues at times although you couldn't really hear anything obvious.

Rick's set at the start was a lot more upbeat than I expected which was a nice surprise. It started with Doris and included Pinetum, Give Me The Room and Seven Drone Music and the Drift Poem over a couple of different new backing tracks. It'll be interesting to see if any of the other tracks make it on to Drift series 2!

It was also nice to meet Dirt member Graham who had travelled down from Glasgow!

There were flyers for an after party featuring the "Born Dirty DJs". I never saw anything on here about it, is it legit?

Last edited by Billy Goat; 12-05-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:52 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
Rick's set at the start was a lot more upbeat than I expected which was a nice surprise. It started with Doris and included Pinetum, Give Me The Room and Seven Drone Music and the Drift Poem over a couple of different new backing tracks.
Thanks for the description of this. How about the Drift Intro before Rick came out? What was that about? How about the Misterons set?
Old 12-05-2019, 11:11 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Thanks for the description of this. How about the Drift Intro before Rick came out? What was that about? How about the Misterons set?
I walked into the room as Rick started with Doris so I didn't hear what was before him. I don't think there was anything though!

The "Misterons" mix was just a mix of old classic house tracks. No one was on stage DJing.