Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2014, 05:58 PM
gcoleman99
flows like a river

Send a message via Yahoo to gcoleman99
King Of Snake Italian and Bungalow CDR Promo Releases
Does anyone have any more specific info on the release dates of these 2 releases other then just 1999? I'm going through my mp3 collection trying to put the 'Beaucoup Fish' era releases in (somewhat) of a coherent order by dates.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:06 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: King Of Snake Italian and Bungalow CDR Promo Releases
The Bungalow remixes were a promo release. It's really difficult to pin down a release date for promos since they trickle out through various promo channels.

For the Italian release, it was a retail release, so it definitely has an exact release date. I did a bit of research on alt.music.underworld and rtsr-trade. The earliest mention I can find of it is a message asking about it on Oct. 10, 1999, so it was released before then. The regular UK release was Aug. 16, 1999, so it must've been between those two dates. I think that's about as close as we're going to get to finding a release date.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:15 AM
gcoleman99
flows like a river

Send a message via Yahoo to gcoleman99
Re: King Of Snake Italian and Bungalow CDR Promo Releases
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
The Bungalow remixes were a promo release. It's really difficult to pin down a release date for promos since they trickle out through various promo channels.

For the Italian release, it was a retail release, so it definitely has an exact release date. I did a bit of research on alt.music.underworld and rtsr-trade. The earliest mention I can find of it is a message asking about it on Oct. 10, 1999, so it was released before then. The regular UK release was Aug. 16, 1999, so it must've been between those two dates. I think that's about as close as we're going to get to finding a release date.
Gracias. I had it plugged in for sometimes in September, so it seems like my intuition was somewhat on the mark. I appreciate the help.