Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Thank you, too!
Seeing as how we can't reply to Scott's announcement thread, just wanted to take a moment to thank him for everything he has done for the Dirty Community over the years.

None of us would be here without him, and I have made some really great friends through this place, and discovered all kind of wonderful new music I never would have found without it. Glad that Dirty Radio will still be running, too.

Thanks for everything, Sc00t.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Thank you, too!
Indeed, massive respect to Scott for starting up dirty.org and bringing people together to talk about something they all have a love for. And it goes further then that. More then just your average bog standard corporate put together website which tells you the basics. The website has personality and always connects with the people reading it. From projects like abandoned to the bickerings over getting the brown look back on the main site, we've all had a say in something along the way!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:42 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout

None of us would be here without him, and I have made some really great friends through this place, (like that whiney little BLD, always carping on about something), and discovered all kind of wonderful new music I never would have found without BLD either.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

A huge thanks from me too, I know you must have put so much into this over the years, you've given us a great community, and a lot of good friends. I'm still in touch with some of the old dirtylist crew from back in the day... so many memories, getting the tipoff about the Megadog secret gig and reporting back, the xfm radio show, the first Darren posting to the list, some of us meeting aNt and you for a pint, Jay getting pushed over the edge by Nutella... I could go on for hours.

Thanks for your part in it all, Scott. It wouldn't have been as good without you.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Oops, didn't see this thread before....so I made my own in "noise" echoing what has been said here.

But seriously, what you've done around here warrants two threads (or more).

So thanks again man!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i remember how i first came here after BF and then left because i couldnt find anything.
then EE was about to come out and i finally found the forum. dur.

then i left a request for scott to play anything on dirtyradio that wasnt all 4/4 and he was confused.

i'll miss him. too bad he's dead.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 PM
selector
mouseman

Wow!! I remember joining the dirtylist, (my name different of course), and i can remember that kittens download! I had a really great email with Scott that cemented my support for all things dirty, he was just stellar, a real stand up person. I'm sure many dirts can contribute to this thread as well.... Much appreciated Scott! Best Regards.....
Old 03-04-2008, 05:18 AM
industri_studios
mouseman

Best regards in all future endeavours. I know, too well, the push and pull of following (non-paying) passions and balancing that with work commitments... so no hard feelings, best of luck, and thanks for creating something that will stand around as a testament to a band we all love.

Thanks for everything...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 AM
cacophony
disquietude

big thanks for your efforts here, brother. i may not stray from the world forum very often, but i've regarded this whole place as something of an intellectual sanctuary ever since i discovered it in 2002. good luck and hopefully you'll find a moment here and there to lurk once in a while.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Leon
bungalow

Thanks Scott.

My life would have been so different if I hadn't discovered Underworld and especially Dirty.