Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > process.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Stop-Motion Animation Question...
Ok - so... I've done stop-motion animation before, but most of the time is was 'just for fun'

but recently - I began to work on a project with my partner that started off as a 'little joke thing' that we were going to put on the 'ol blog....

and after I put all the images together (like just to see a really rough run-through, with no audio, etc), I realized - 'hey this is something really nice, I just have to do some looping and whatnot, and this could really become "a THING"' (if you know what I mean...

but there are some problems with it...

I think the lights we used made things a little too yellow, and I want to tweak the images just a little bit...

now - if I had just one image, I'd plop it into Photoshop and do like a little work with levels and it'd take all of ...two seconds, max.

but I've got like 500+ images, and I really DON'T want to have to do each image individually.

I vaguely recall that there's a way in photoshop to alter a large group of images simultaneously (especially if you want the same filter / effect to be done to each picture) but for the life of me... I can't remember how to do it at all...

OR -

Am I "making it too hard on myself" and I should just try to edit the saturation, contrast, etc when it exists as a "film" and not a set of photographs?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Re: Stop-Motion Animation Question...
I don't use Photoshop anymore but I remember the possibility to create batch jobs, e. g. for re-sizing images for web use. Maybe you can find something in the cryptic PS help?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Yeah, there are Batch functions and Actions that you can use in PS. Assuming all the pictures are kinda the same already, you want to apply the same settings to each, rather than hand-tweaking each one, otherwise, they won't match from frame to frame.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

"batch jobs" - THAT is the term that I was looking for!
for the life of me - I just couldn't remember what it was called!

...although I might try and see what happens if I just do alterations on it when it becomes a "video" first, then if it doesn't work out to my liking, then I'll go back to the original files and do that work

(as that might be the quickest way)

thanks for the help guys