Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
cured
sikk

NFL talk
So far this year, my team (Eagles) has been a real disappointment.

but at least we still get to see someone get their bones crunched like this past weekend:

man that looks painful.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: NFL talk
Yeah, but they did beat my Steelers Then the Eagles go an TIE the awful Bengals, which makes the victory over Pittsburgh even harder for me to bear!

I'm quite surprised with how well the Giants have played, especially as they weren't an overpowering team last year. They've gotten better after the Super Bowl, something that rarely happens except for a few "dynasty" teams - 49ers, Pats, Steelers. Maybe that bodes well for a return to the big game for the G-Men?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
cured
sikk

The G-Men are the class of the NFC, even when one of their star players can't play because he misses a team practice, mouths off at a ref, or shoots himself in the leg at a club. The real interesting thing is how the rest of the NFC will fill out. Will the Falcons make it with a rookie QB? Will the Panthers take a step forward after taking some back over the past few years?

The NFC East will decimate itself and the Eagles' only real shot is to win the rest of their games, 3 of the 4 against division rivals also trying to make the playoffs and 2 of those on the road. If they don't win this weekend against the Giants, the show will be over in Philly. McNabb will be dealt (probably to the Bears), Reid will get fired, Kold will be the new starter, Dawkins will retire, and we'll be back in rebuilding mode. My only hope is that if all of this happens, the Cowboys continue the tradition of losing playoff games.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:34 PM
den
100% of nothing

Send a message via AIM to den Send a message via MSN to den
That McNabb-to-the-Bears deal rumor has been going around for years. I don't know how likely it is now that Kyle Orton is relatively consistent. They should really find someone for him to throw to, and not Devin Hester. It seems his gimmick has dried up. The Bears alternate between mediocre-good and terrible. Now they're stuck trying to win out and hoping the Vikings lose. But I don't think anyone expected them to be better than 8-8.

It's too bad there isn't more division parity. You end up with one team running away in a terrible division (NFC/AFC West) or several terrible teams that somehow still have a chance (NFC North) and a bunch of good teams all fighting for a wild card (NFC South). On the other hand, divisions like the NFC East are hugely entertaining where each matchup is a big rivalry where anyone is capable of winning any week.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Its been a fun year to support the Dolphins. Sure its going to be a crazy final two weeks, but the excitement coming off last season's disaster has been amazing. I'm loving the NFL again!

Just need the Pats and Jets to drop one this coming weekend. Ravens loss would be nice as well.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Great to see the Jets stop the rot against Buffalo. They still have the best record should it all finish all square vs the Dolphins and the Patriots so they only need to hold it together vs Seattle and then hopefully avoid losing against the Dolphins...
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
My hometown Steelers are driving me crazy! Too many games this year they've eked out in the last minutes or OT! With their very tough schedule, at least they are beating quality opponents, and doing it through defense if not offense, but it does make my blood pressure rise while watching.

I agree, it has been fun seeing the Dolphins bounce back this year, along with the surprising Cardinals. It's always nice to see the underdogs win or a bit of fresh blood in the playoff hunt.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:34 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I dont agree with it being nice to see the Dolphins bounce back. I'd like to see them, the Bills and the Patriots lose as many games as possible. But being the pessimistic Jets fan I am (like most), it will never happen
Old 12-16-2008, 11:52 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
I dont agree with it being nice to see the Dolphins bounce back. I'd like to see them, the Bills and the Patriots lose as many games as possible. But being the pessimistic Jets fan I am (like most), it will never happen
Imagine my typical Monday morning living in the greater NYC area and being a Dolphin fan. Removing the Pats from the picture, it doesn't matter what happens this week for Miami or the Jets. The winner of the division will be the team that beats the other one. Consequently, if the Ravens drop two (which is very possible looking at their remaining games) and the Fins top the Jets, then Miami takes the division and NYJ takes the Wildcard. Well that and the Pats need to lose one game.

I've been to many MIA/NYJ games at Giants' Stadium and they are almost always unbearable to watch all the way through. This year's promises to be ridiculously tense.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:34 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
My hometown Steelers are driving me crazy! Too many games this year they've eked out in the last minutes or OT! With their very tough schedule, at least they are beating quality opponents, and doing it through defense if not offense, but it does make my blood pressure rise while watching.

I agree, it has been fun seeing the Dolphins bounce back this year, along with the surprising Cardinals. It's always nice to see the underdogs win or a bit of fresh blood in the playoff hunt.
Ahh, but you could have it so much worse, I am from Green Bay, try watching your team lose in the last minutes or OT every week! Try having a team where every huge play is nullified by a holding call! Try having a team where all the players don't always even know what play is being called! Guess I can still root on the Jets, as much as I hate what he did to Green Bay this offseason, I can't help but root for Favre. Sadly, my two other favorite teams have really dropped the ball - the Browns (QB of the future looked shaky, QB of the present played awful, 3rd stringer doesn't have a clue), and the Lions (enough said). Despite all that I think this season has been much more interesting than last years - okay, the Super Bowl was a great David vs. Goliath story, but the season was mostly very predictable. With the Titans and Giants faltering lately, I feel like every playoff team will have a legit shot. There is simply no dominating team. The Giants are close, but they have weaknesses, and I have never felt the Titans deserved their 11-2 record. Cowboys and Colts will both make it but neither has looked particularly dominating this season. My pick for champ this year is the Steelers. Plus there are lots of great side stories - Aaron Rodgers' first year as starter (he's doing great but it's been fruitless so far), Matt Ryan, the Plax thing, Tom Brady making way for the almost-as-good Matt Cassell, the Dolphins going from 1-15 to playoff contenders, the blown call to mess up the AFC west (Broncos and Chargers should have their records tied), the Lions potentially going 0-16, the bizarre T.O. controversy, Donovan McNabb's weirdo season...actually makes me sad it'll be over soon...