Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Re: Oblivion With Bells Tour mixes
Thanks for pointing that out, I've removed the duplicates.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:29 AM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
I've updated (and I think I've improved) a couple of the mixes I did last year. The main changes are parts 1 & 3 and I've changed the end of Jumbo on part 5 as I was never happy with it! I've also added the "mellow" mix I was planning to do. I've also split all the mixes into individual tracks. If you liked the original mixes I hope you'll like the improvements I've made. The new link is: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...20xLWN4ZlBSODg

Please let me know what you think, I'd be grateful for any feedback!
You absolute bastard. I am literally in the process of splitting your original mixes into individual tracks and burning them onto CDs. As I type this. The first 3 mixes (as in, two of the three you just made changes to!!!) were just burned and I just finished splitting the fourth.

I am not moving with brilliant timing.

In all seriousness though, thank you for putting these together though. Have really enjoyed listening to them and having them compiled instead of spread across 12 odd shows. No complaints with the mixing either, even with the older versions.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Oh no! Sorry WhiteNoise I meant to do it a lot sooner but I didn't want to be stuck inside on my computer over summer but once it started getting darker in the evening I got back on with finishing it! ��
I'm glad you enjoyed the mixes!
Old 11-07-2016, 12:55 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Question on these; I recall a drastically different Jumbo being played during at least one of these shows. Is that included in any of these mixes?
Thanks again for all this great work!
Old 11-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I think it will be the version they played at Amsterdam which is mixed with Nicodemus for the first half and is quite chilled out compared to the usual renditions of it and most of the other versions were similar to the studio version (the Rotterdam version was quieter than most but didn't have the Nicodemus drum beat). The Amsterdam version is the only version of Jumbo I've used on these mixes as it's pretty much the only version of Jumbo I like! I would love a studio version of Nicodemus/Jumbo to be on the Beaucoup Fish remaster. They have also played that version on a couple of the Lemonworld broadcasts but the Amsterdam live version is by far the best for me.
On my part 4 Jumbo is almost exactly as on the Amsterdam recording i.e. with Spikee coming in abruptly at the end although I had to miss off the first few "I've got brilliant timing"s to get the crowd noises to mix properly. On my parts 5,7 and 8 I've also added the last minute or so from the Rotterdam version so the following mix into Born Slippy is not messed with. (The Rotterdam Born Slippy is my favourite version of it ever; the improv at the beginning and the "You took away my empty cup" vocal sample are just awesome and enhance it!)
I hope that helps and you enjoy it!
Old 11-08-2016, 12:06 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I've included the full tracklist in the Google drive folder and for darktrain I've also added the Amsterdam version of Jumbo and Spikee/KOS.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:21 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Osaka 2005 has a great Jumbo version. Its on the tracker.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I don't know if anyone noticed already but I added a 9th mix which is basically an extended and re-ordered version of the Part 5 best of mix to include Twist and Juanita and ends with the Manchester version of Moaner. Previously I tried to avoid having it sound obvious that different gigs were mixed together but these are my absolute favourite tracks across the Live Here Now cds. I think that is me finished now!
The link to the folder with everything in is: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...20xLWN4ZlBSODg
Enjoy!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 04-20-2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: To add the link!
Old 11-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Mike
born013

Just revisiting this thread - great work on the these mixes. Any chance of lossless versions of these for the rtsr tracker?
Old 11-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Just revisiting this thread - great work on the these mixes. Any chance of lossless versions of these for the rtsr tracker?
If I could work out how to put them on the tracker I would!
I've still got all the full mixes saved as audacity files so I can re-do them as flac files but I edited the individual tracks from the 320kbps mp3 versions as my computer doesn't have a lot of hard drive space or memory left so it was really slow editing these mixes (and crashed several times in the middle of saving full 2 hr mixes which got corrupted so I had to start again a couple of times!). I wish I'd done them all on the flacs originally but my intention was to make them full 'uncut' gigs but I got tired of trying to find the start of some tracks!
I will try and save the full mixes as flacs and put them on my Google drive. I'll put a new link on this thread when it's done. If people want it on the tracker then if someone can help me and explain how to do it or if someone wants to put the files in my Google drive on the tracker that's fine with me!