Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:08 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: The Prodigy announce new single/new album
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
iOne (small) correction about "No Souvenirs" -> technically UNKLE didn't leak the song on the internet....

What happened was - ‘someone’ (probably shouldn't say who, don't want to get them in trouble) sold a cd-r of James Lavelle's dj set at a club in Belfast, from 2000.

“Official Bootleg CD Belfast” is two discs, and contains almost all of the same tracks as on the "Do Androids Dream of Electric Beats" x3 cd, except for the appearance of “No Souvenirs”.

One of the people who bought a copy of the dj set cut the track out, and made it available to download on an UNKLE message board.

Elements of the UNKLE remix of “No Souvenirs” were then used in “Narco Tourists” and “Safe in Mind”
Ah yes, I remember seeing that bootleg CD. Liam was really pissed about it. I wish I could find the interview where it was mentioned and he bashed it. The problem with so many fans dying to hear "No Souvenirs" can somewhat be blamed on Martin James who wrote their autobiography. The opening of the book is this big description of him listening to the track with Liam and his wife while they drive and he goes on about how great and different it is and how it is the next phase of The Prodigy. So obviously fans wanted to hear it. But it seems we never will. I don't know why Liam just doesn't put it out for the fans. Unless he's saving it for some unreleased collection when retirement comes. A part of me was hoping it may be on the new album as its title and Liam's reason behind the title really fit with the theme of The Beach. I could see how it lyrically wouldn't work on either AONO or IMD. If Liam really wanted to get those album sales, having "No Souvenirs" on the it would do the trick. He is sitting on a few unreleased tracks.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:04 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
That's a lot if great information and educ. I hope that the new record will live up to your hype that they've got it all together. You seem well informed, and I appreciate your influences. But you have to admit, the proof is in the record, and the last few albums have been diminishing returns. Here's hoping for a rebound. It's happened before for 90's behemoths.

(P.s. like your stealthy insider perspective! I have a few notes for Liam if you can get them to him! Mostly around breaking the mold of what he's done before)
Old 09-19-2018, 09:46 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

i miss Fluke too.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:47 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
i miss Fluke too.

Been trying to find a CD rip of this track for ages or the actual promo CD to buy. Only got an old vinyl rip. I do have a lossless rip of Pulse (Edit) from a rare promo CD. Wish Fluke would reissue this stuff digitally.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:44 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Been listening to Need Some 1 and it's remixes. Gotta say, the mixes are more interesting than the single. wh0 mix is best, imho.
Funny how remixes make you reconsider the original track.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:23 AM
iamneorev
pants

Looks like Light Up The Sky is dropping this week...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoCJ_pfhX-6/
Old 09-25-2018, 10:01 AM
iamneorev
pants

New single Light Up The Sky drops tomorrow, Sept. 26th
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-25 12.55.14.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	410  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:41 AM
iamneorev
pants

LIGHT UP THE SKY

Makes me wanna mosh... kinda feels like FOTL meets the better half of AONO
Old 09-29-2018, 12:52 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

hmm... that isn't too bad. You're right, it definitely reminds me of a mix between FOTL and AONO

feeling a bit more optimistic about the new album.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:58 PM
iamneorev
pants

I like it, think it's the best of the 3 new tracks. Sounds like it's gonna be a diverse album and the most modern sounding.