Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:37 AM
bazwint
mouseman

"Re-inventing ourselves" - Pricey
Karl said in Cologne that the band have been "re-inventing themselves", or words to that effect, at the same time as mentioning "brother Richard" was on the desk. Could I take this to mean that Pricey might now be in the band? And if not, why not?

I think I may have asked this question before but, given his great work in Eindhoven and Cologne and his obvious enjoyment, it deserves a reboot.I think he should be given equal status - unless he doesn't want it, of course.

After being shaken in my faith, the new configuration certainly worked for me.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:11 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: "Re-inventing ourselves" - Pricey
Maybe he could be talking about their work on the upcoming album. He might also be referring to work and effort that went into re-creating and performing dubno live. He could also be talking about the tremendous live production and gear overhaul that they did for this tour.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:22 AM
bazwint
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Maybe he could be talking about their work on the upcoming album. He might also be referring to work and effort that went into re-creating and performing dubno live. He could also be talking about the tremendous live production and gear overhaul that they did for this tour.
Aye.. he could have been referring to any/all of those things. I heard whet I wanted to hear, I suppose.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:18 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Considering the response to this last tour, and Karl's own statements, I think that any 're-inventing' they do will only be a good thing. This isn't a mk1 to mk2 re-invention for sure. Perhaps they've come to realize that *their* crowd isn't necessarily the festival crowd? Add onto that things they've said about looking back on the album and the time period and finding things they miss doing and I think we've got a recipe for some good times. Also, I don't think Rick's going anywhere at this point, but I could see them return to full 3-person status, especially with Price's shows as of late and his work on the dubno-remaster and the Olympics.

Last edited by jetpig; 04-01-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:52 AM
Andrea
light at heart

I heard about this TIDAL · High Fidelity Music Streaming, an alternative to Spotify I constantly refused to use throughout the years.
According to the news TIDAL will have two subscriptions, one cheaper with better sound quality and one more expensive with even better sound quality. Hope TIDAL can find a way to educate people in how to listen to music too, so that they are willing to invest in proper equipment (headphones etc) to be able to enjoy it. Would be a good business indeed, by the way
Hopefully this will reduce the mass production of all this shit being produced out there to a minimum and music gets the chans to be what it was from the beginning - enjoyment.
May this "re-invention" be about tuning in better sound quality, find a way to enhance it somehow? I don´t know...
Underworld is one of the sound masters already, but of course, everything can be better for a perfectionist.

Last edited by Andrea; 04-02-2015 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:58 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

There's plenty of great gear out there and sound file formats can far outstrip the human ear as far as discernable fidelity is concerned, but your average consumer doesn't buy on quality, but fashion and ease of use. I doubt its something so mundane as a streaming service or new file format or gear. That said I would buy a quality headphone at a premium if they were underworld badged...
Old 04-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Andrea
light at heart

This was my thought as well when I wrote: Would be a good business indeed, by the way
The question is how many fans would buy it? Underworld is not for the average consumer after all. But who knows what the new album will bring and how other artists are going to use this new media.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:10 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Is there a clip of what he actually said?
Old 04-03-2015, 02:02 AM
Mike
born013

Lets not get caught up in an on stage soundbite. He simply means they have new energy.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Andrea
light at heart

Would be enough to make me feel happy, yet I don´t think it would be bad to direct this energy towards new highs and dimensions either.
On the other hand I´m glad that the concerts are free from hysterical fans and the band members are not totally out of reach. The feeling in this room was incredibly good. https://twitter.com/Andrea_K_Sweden/...90030949048321