Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: underworldlive.com old tracks
You do realise you'll only be told to join RTSR unless there's an exception on freely given away stuff from UWlive and not fan bootlegs?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
You do realise you'll only be told to join RTSR unless there's an exception on freely given away stuff from UWlive and not fan bootlegs?
well - sometimes people have to be reminded about RTSR...

but Fuji was posted on UWLive - I forget which year though

and if you didn't notice - part of that performance was used for "Everything Everything" ... I don't remember all the tracks used, but I think "Pearls Girl" is from Fuji

...or was that NUXX? All I remember was thinking 'wait - they removed the cool "Risingson Improv" from the official release?!?!" when I finally heard the Fuji recording
Old 03-23-2009, 05:25 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
FujiRock as well as Blue Mountain gig and the archived live jams were up at least from 2002 (when i stumbled apon them) till the page got a major overhaul a couple years back.
It's nice, though, to see a new wave of fans interested in these tracks.

Ah, "Rising Son"...such a great remix and a perfect improv for that era.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:32 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

I was just cleaning up my Underworld stuff in iTunes and found I was missing a few tracks and artwork from the old UnderworldLive site. Went back through this thread and found some of the old links have died soooo....

1) Is there a specific reason why the free UnderworldLive.com audio + video aren't available on RTSR? (at least, I can't find it) I mean in terms of policy.

2) Would a permanent archive of all the old UnderworldLive.com audio + video be helpful to anybody but me? I have free web hosting through my job, so I could host the files easily, so any dirts whose drives crash or whatnot could easily replace that stuff.

3) I'd need help filling some of the gaps, especially with the artwork for the live shows they posted. That thumbnail zip stauff posted is great but those with the full-size graphics could be a big help in making a more formal archive.

Would like everybody's thoughts on whether this is worthwhile.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:53 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
well - sometimes people have to be reminded about RTSR...

but Fuji was posted on UWLive - I forget which year though

and if you didn't notice - part of that performance was used for "Everything Everything" ... I don't remember all the tracks used, but I think "Pearls Girl" is from Fuji

...or was that NUXX? All I remember was thinking 'wait - they removed the cool "Risingson Improv" from the official release?!?!" when I finally heard the Fuji recording
I think all the EE audio was taken from a Pukkelpop (?) gig. The video was a mixture of different gigs including Fuji and Pinkpop.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 AM
ThingInABook
vision

first time i see this thread (thanks for the uploads!) i have at home mamanuxx jam, KOS and oichlive, which i managed to download a long time ago. sadly i forgot to keep an eye on uwlive...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:46 PM
nelfun5
dog

Send a message via MSN to nelfun5
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymetropolis View Post
I was just cleaning up my Underworld stuff in iTunes and found I was missing a few tracks and artwork from the old UnderworldLive site. Went back through this thread and found some of the old links have died soooo....

1) Is there a specific reason why the free UnderworldLive.com audio + video aren't available on RTSR? (at least, I can't find it) I mean in terms of policy.

2) Would a permanent archive of all the old UnderworldLive.com audio + video be helpful to anybody but me? I have free web hosting through my job, so I could host the files easily, so any dirts whose drives crash or whatnot could easily replace that stuff.

3) I'd need help filling some of the gaps, especially with the artwork for the live shows they posted. That thumbnail zip stauff posted is great but those with the full-size graphics could be a big help in making a more formal archive.

Would like everybody's thoughts on whether this is worthwhile.
+1

Please bring us the archives section back!

Last edited by nelfun5; 11-11-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelfun5 View Post
+1

Please bring us the archives section back!
+2
Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Alright, sorry about the delay but I'm finally ready to get this Underworldlive.com archive thing off the ground. Thanks to some generous dirties and my own ripping and editing of available audio, I think we're very close to having a complete collection of everything that was ever released for free online.

Here is a list of what material I've compiled. It's missing the new tracks that were available on the last version of Underworldlive.com as streams, but I'm sure some of you can spot some other holes and hopefully fill them with the appropriate files.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddxnxwgb_3hqfzq29b

RTSR would be an ideal place for such a complete collection but the nature of that site and Yahoo group continues to elude and confound many, including myself (for some reason I continue to receive the Yahoo email digests but cannot log into the group itself). So I think in in addition to RTSR, some kind of dedicated website or Mediafire download package or something along those lines is better. I could even host it myself if need be. But we'll worry about that later.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:30 PM
darktrain