Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Re: Rez (Bassnectar Remix) - Feb. 12, 2013
I found this to be a gorgeous redux of the original, but I'm also a pretty rabid fan of all of Lorin's work. I feel that Lorin sometimes gets a bad rap, getting thrown into the Dubstep category (a genre that I personally enjoy but, as evidenced by Vacant's response is a fairly hotly contested genre) because Lorin I feel is much more than a simple "wub-wub" artist. He has a flair for beautiful, shimmery soundscapes with a positivity and energy that hasn't been as often prevalent as, well, when Underworld were originally the talk of the town. When people talk about the energy and optimism of the early 90's rave scene, they're talking about Lorin's energy, and god knows we need that these days. But anyways...

It's been 2 years since I last posted. I think it speaks well to UW's legacy, I first visited Scott Warner's original site in 1996, stayed with the site for years and even though my UW obsession has cooled that even today's artists are drawn in and captivated by Underworld's catalog. Respect.