Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 09:22 AM
G3L33N

Underworld Encyclopedia
I really wonder.........isn't it fantastic,wonderfull,great,etc etc to have a
big book/encyclopedia where we can find all the Underworld facts back
like 7",12",LP,EP,CD,CDsingle,DVD,bootlegs CD/DVD/CD-Rom,info about each track,b sides,demos,outtakes,non-album tracks,unreleased stuff,live concerts,strange versions,lyrics of others artists in songs,tv/radio/internet
interviews,appearance,promo's,white label,dj only,video/dvd stuff,project,
footage (released & unreleased),try outs,rehearsels,recordings time & sessions,remixen for other artists or written for others artists,special guest on other artists albums etc etc

Back in the days when i was a Prince die hard fan i had books called The Vault (written by Uptown 1 of the Biggest Prince fan club ever who also did Days O Wild,Turn It Up 1 & 2 also good books) and Per Nilsson A Documentary (also translate into Dutch & other languages) where i could find back in a chronology way (day/month/year) where he did what and sing what and etc etc

Underworld is doing it for years almost the same as Prince
Both don't do a "standard" play/setup lists each time
Each gig is different...almost always the same songs but not in the same order or line or way....okay Underworld always ends with Moaner ;-)
And like in each Prince gig you hear Purple Rain in a Underworld gig you always hear Born Slippy...that are just the well known anthem songs

It would be really great to see and read when it all started from Screen Gemz till Underworld (mk3) and see when what setlist was played

I think such a book will make a lot of die hard underworld fans happy

Is their a book coming out or did i just start a big idea for all those 24/7 deep dirty die hard fans
Old 02-12-2006, 02:40 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: Underworld Encyclopedia
i have a long 'work in progress project' going, but its gonna be short in the 'live' section, but when i come to those parts i'll seek help...but i have plans to document everything i can...

its still at the embronic stage, but its something i'm working on...its perhaps a farily long while away from fruition, though

in the meantime, here's my totally off the wall (almost complete) UW Dictionary...

http://www.bigscreensatellite.co.uk/diction.htm

(i'll try and finisdh and update this in the next month or so, but i'm working on a better more accurate Junior Boys Own / JBO Discography at the moment)

Matt
Old 02-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Icke
mouseman

How about an Underworld wiki?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Scott Warner
delicious candy taster

Send a message via AIM to Scott Warner
An Underworld Wiki would be trivial for me to setup so if you guys want one just ask.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:24 AM
the real stuff
falling off the world

That'd be a lot of fun.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:33 AM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

I always consider UWlive, dirty, deepbluemorocco and BSS's page to be the best sources of UW info for me, though a wiki would be cool, as we all have varied amounts of information that we could add/subtract/etc.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:18 AM
negative1

[reply] -> _Re: Underworld Encyclopedia_
wow matt,
very impressive....i like all the links,
even the unrelated ones..

yes scott, setting up a 'wiki' entry
would be really cool..

i hope to contribute more to these
in the near future..

later
Old 02-14-2006, 07:22 AM
G3L33N

A wiki is cool but i think a book is much be cooler

Every big band or group has a book for the fans to read in...why not for the Underworld fans / die hard fans

As i look in a Prince Documentary book section live concerts i see what he played on 8-8-88 and on 31-12-1999 and etc etc and what songs he did on the Lovesexy Tour,Act I etc etc
I can't see that on any underworld site
I really like to see that....example on the first day in 013 they played,the second day they played etc etc and where a new song was done for the first time and change into a couple of sets of years
And which concerts where recorded and which not...
This is what i mean with a Underworld book
On Internet you have to click and surf to it in a book just go to page

Dirty was in the past much better with all the info then now
I think a real die hard fan from the beginning and who has 99 procent of his brain full with Underworld info has to do it

Who is the much die hard fan there is who has all the info

Yannick Joubert ?
Stimpee ?
Matt ?
Etc
Old 02-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Jan
vision

wiki! wiki! wiki!

I think a book is unlikely at the moment...
Maybe they'll make a book in Japan, though.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 AM
patrick
river

matt i think would be the walking encyclopedia right now for underworlds released stuff but i think stimp is the live show guy... who knows though, maybe we could have a challenge like a quiz show and they'd have to buz the answer in as fast as they could...

anyhow, i'd say that a wiki would be really fun(ny) and it would actually be a good place to start for a book, write it all up on the wiki and then if someone wants to bother and is good with indesign they can make it into a funky book... the market for a fan uw book is probably considerably less than a fan prince book... who knows though