i'm looking for some andy warhol one now if anyone know a place
I wear 11us
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 AM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Re: UW Tomato Kicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick
These are definitely a pair worn by a true artist.

If the pair I get are legit I will post the URL - the guy is selling them in several sizes for $56US + $25 shipping. I don't know how many pairs he has - but I'm sure it's limited. So far, the tracking number received is good - I'm just waiting for them now...

Just checked the tracking # and they are in Los Angeles!
I should be getting them any day now.... Yay!!!

now playing - "Hunter (Francois K Mix) - Dido"

Last edited by ultradave; 06-12-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Just got 'em. Woo Hoo! They look and feel pretty legit to me.
So I'll pass on the URL. Hopefully someone else can score some UW kicks too!

http://www.yandfholdings.com/click_view.asp?rn=1037

I will definitely be sporting these at the show in September at the Hollywood Bowl!

now playing - "Beached (Long Version) - Orbital"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uw01.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	125   Click image for larger version

Name:	uw02.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	126  
Old 06-13-2007, 12:38 AM
mark3
pants

I have two pairs, first pair is almost worn out, but they just feel so good.. Second pair hasn't been used yet..
Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 AM
grady
fac321

I got really excited to learn that there was a online retailer selling the shoes that cheap, but no dice no size 13.

Alas, the only place I spotted a pair was on the amazon marketplace and the price was 229.99 US. A bit much for me, but $58 is much easier to swallow.

Anyone have any leads?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:43 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

um... so they're selling them for less than retail value?

(edit)
yea - I bought my pair of Ian Brown ones at an actual Addidas store in DC, and they cost me $150
I don't get how someone would be selling the shoes for one-third the original price

that being said - if they are 'fakes' I don't reeeeallly care

I just don't want to buy a pair, then find that they say Wunderworld all over them, and instead of them glowing in the dark, they have little flashing lights...

Last edited by joethelion; 06-13-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradave
Just got 'em. Woo Hoo! They look and feel pretty legit to me.
So I'll pass on the URL. Hopefully someone else can score some UW kicks too!

http://www.yandfholdings.com/click_view.asp?rn=1037

I will definitely be sporting these at the show in September at the Hollywood Bowl!

now playing - "Beached (Long Version) - Orbital"
They look kosher - I would imagine the way to tell is to look closely at the "buttermilk" surface as it catches the light and see if you can see random lyrics on there. Secondly, when you look at the soles, they should have words in there too. Thirdly, the insoles should be dark brown with random lyrics on them. Fourthly the dark brown backstrip of one should say Underworld, and the other should say Tomato. Finally you ought to have two pairs of laces, one buttermilk and one dark brown, with Underworld and Tomato written on them.

$58 seems hella cheap though - that's like £30 (approx a quarter of what I paid for mine on eBay, currency fluctuations counted. )
Old 06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

yea - before I buy them... ultradave, could you check yours out and see if the details match?

I mean - I'm almost certain that they're fakes... but I wouldn't mind buying a pair of fakes if they were actually detailed enough.

I say I'm "almost certain" just b/c of (a) they're selling shoes at about one-third [or less] the original retail price* (b) quote from their website: "Y&F Enterprises Ltd. is an international company dedicated to provide international customers the sources of high quality and low cost foot ware supplies and products from China. "

*yes, retail price... not ebay prices, which would (of course) be much higher -> I actually saved the box for my Ian Brown shoes so that I wouldn't loose the extra laces, and in it was the receipt
Old 06-13-2007, 12:59 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

ok, for those of you dirts that are asking about the shoes. they meet every criteria but one.

the shoes themselves say that they are made in indonesia - i'm not sure if that's really relevent as everyting available in the U.S. is NOT MADE IN THE U.S.

They reflected well under the flourescents here at work - however, at home w/my normal bulbs - i didn't even get a glimmer. but i'm sure that's the case w/most of you...

the outer material feels very soft - i like it and yes, there are underworld lyrics throughout. the inner sole is a dark brown also w/uw lyrics.

i actually have 2 extra pairs of laces - a thick pair that says underworld and tomato all over them - and a solid colour. also, a solid colour lace on the shoes themselves.

the box is an adidas box.

here's the only concern i had about them possibly being fake - although for what i paid, i don't really care because if they are fake - THEY ARE REALLY GOOD ONES.

i tried them on and they're comfy...

oh yeah - the only flaw I could find, isn't really even a flaw to me - it's kind like mine are unique. both shoes on the back say underworld -. this could possibly be a mfg. error, thus the reason why they are cheaper, but i don't know.

but they look and feel real and love 'em! cheers!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Certainly sounds worth the investment then

Make sure and look after them better than Yan did - I can post you some L'Oreal wipes if you want