Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 06:09 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

H A L L O W E E N
Won a couple of free tickets to an advance showing of Rob Zombie's version of Halloween. Enjoyed it quite a bit mainly because the slasher genre has been so dry. If you like cussing, boobs, and blood A LOT....don't hesitate to run out and see it. If not, you might not like it at all.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:09 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Re: H A L L O W E E N
No point in remaking such a classic, bleh.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

I had to miss the last 5-10 minutes or so, but I was really impressed with Mr. Zombie's work.

Myer's mother I think may be the next big time actress. Dare I say Oscar worthy???

Sound recording is the new standard, .

And I know I'm getting all Tipper Gore, but this should be NC-17 or 15 or something.

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 09-03-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

She was great wasn't she?

I suppose it helped too that I had never really sat down and watched the original all the way through. Seems many of the negative reviews on AintItCoolNews are mainly because of changes Rob Zombie made from the "classic". I've seen enough of the first one to realize this was a great departure, but I think it works well as it's own weird thing, kinda like the various different Batman comics each have a different take on the mythology. In the original the main character that everyone cared and rooted for was Laurie Strode, in this one it's Michael Myers. That's different enough for me!

***SpoilerS***

The only thing that I really didn't like was the studio ordered reshot ending where the dumb chick runs upstairs and hides instead of hauling ass somewhere. In the original ending those cops that showed up killed Michael right there in the front yard. At least that would have saved me from two minutes of ceiling smashing.

That and the fact that Michael is made to be so human and real yet he uses an almost psychic ability to find his grown up baby sister.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

.................SPOILERS................

Yeah, I didn't really mind having to duck out early, it would have been a decent ending to finish at the swimming pool scene.

The Aint It Cool review was just as overblown as the film itself. I wasn't expecting this one to be as good as it was (from The Horror Film genre) and it has to be the best of the god-knows-how-many Halloween sequels there are. I disagree Zombie tried to make the M. Myers some hero or even anti-hero for that matter. Zombie did make a monster.

My reaction is also based on the laughs I got from the other theater goers there. It's been a long time since I've seen so many people jump (a number of times) in unison.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ
It's been a long time since I've seen so many people jump (a number of times) in unison.
I normally don't jump too much in movies but (more spoilage......) when Strode's foster dad got knifed in the neck outta fucking nowhere, I jumped a mile in my seat and so did everyone else in the theater. Everyone gasped when Michael slit his stepdad's throat. The funniest crowd reaction though, was after Loomis shot Michael in the pool, someone in the audience yelled "YOU SHOT MY BROTHER YOU ASSHOLE!" and everyone laughed hard. LOL