Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:08 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

The Prize Part 7 of 8
now i'm not sure if this has been posted before, i don't believe so, anyway, this is an important and historic find nonetheless...

music composed by Smith & Hyde

(written evidence by Karl's fair hand also attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	361   Click image for larger version

Name:	3386999269_9ebda7beb4_o.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	362  
Old 04-22-2016, 08:41 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: The Prize Part 7 of 8

also credited on this episode too...

only 7&8 of 8 episodes have R&K scoring...

28-29 minutes of part 8 - definite mmm skyscraper sounds....

Last edited by big screen satellite; 04-22-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:11 AM
kontakt1968
mouseman

wow never knew this existed!
Old 04-25-2016, 05:37 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Good stuff, Matt. More lost soundtrack work from that period, just like that Paris musical.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:23 AM
twicezero
mouseman

Interesting reference to working with Propaganda. Their album 1234 came out in 1990, so I'm guessing this is after that release?
Old 04-25-2016, 09:01 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

As much as i want to watch 2 hours of this documentary... where's a good place to start for UW sounds?
Lazily yours-
Old 04-25-2016, 10:56 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twicezero View Post
Interesting reference to working with Propaganda. Their album 1234 came out in 1990, so I'm guessing this is after that release?
It looks like it aired in mid-1993:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fgps1/episodes/guide

Based on some production information, and Karl's letter above, it looks like it was produced in late 1992 though.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:51 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

yes, most of Karl's letters at this time were written in one go covering a large period of time...

but he refers to this coming out in early 1993, so i suspect it was produced around mid 1992.

as much as i have only scanned these two episodes myself, the music is NOT that heavily used and is really only snippets of stuff here and there...

the documentary is considered a great viewing if you are interested in the corruption of the oil industry - it rates at 8.6 on IMDb as a Documentary which is really good - well worth watching in its entirety if you have the inclination or time!

however its a lot of talking and not much music, but there are noticeable UW sounds used in spots throughout the more industrial and 'skyscrapery' shots... seems they used different musical influences to add to the different era's and UW was only used as the series entered the late 80's and 90's Gulf war relevance to Oil. At the time it was probably a good fit with the UW soundscapes.

anyway, its history...and worth adding - i'll put it in the UW archival book when i get round to knocking it together....
Old 04-27-2016, 08:30 AM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite View Post
yes, most of Karl's letters at this time were written in one go covering a large period of time...

but he refers to this coming out in early 1993, so i suspect it was produced around mid 1992.

as much as i have only scanned these two episodes myself, the music is NOT that heavily used and is really only snippets of stuff here and there...

the documentary is considered a great viewing if you are interested in the corruption of the oil industry - it rates at 8.6 on IMDb as a Documentary which is really good - well worth watching in its entirety if you have the inclination or time!

however its a lot of talking and not much music, but there are noticeable UW sounds used in spots throughout the more industrial and 'skyscrapery' shots... seems they used different musical influences to add to the different era's and UW was only used as the series entered the late 80's and 90's Gulf war relevance to Oil. At the time it was probably a good fit with the UW soundscapes.

anyway, its history...and worth adding - i'll put it in the UW archival book when i get round to knocking it together....
thanks for this matt,
can you check your pm.

later