Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 02-22-2021, 04:43 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Daft Punk, 1993-2021
End of the line (for now) for our robo duo.
Share your thoughts and memories!

Honestly, I've been sort of through with Daft Punk since "Alive 2007", and only because that relentless concert mix saved a lot of the so-so tracks on "Human After All". "Alive 1997" has always been a great driving record. The first two studio records are pretty great.

But "Random Access Memories" and collaborations since? Just sort of flat disco pop and image>substance.

Ahh, miss the 90's when dressing like a robot onstage meant something!
Old 02-25-2021, 05:05 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Daft Punk, 1993-2021
I mean... "Random Access Memories" had some good points, but yeah - I never understood the fuss about that album.

I did however, really like their stuff for the Weeknd, and I still wish they'd have released instrumentals of their songs for Kanye ('On Sight' 'Black Skinhead' 'I am a God' and 'Send It Up'), and if I remember correctly... both 'Send It Up' and 'On Sight' transition pretty nicely from a few tracks from "Tron" (like if you were going to do a dj mix)

It's a shame they couldn't do a proper "final album" ... instead of announcing it seven years after their last album. I'll miss them, but I understand why it's done.

Last edited by joethelion; 02-25-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:14 AM
Nuxx79
mouseman

Re: Daft Punk, 1993-2021
TBH I really liked their first three(?) albums and the Tron OST. The more recent "funk" album was also good fun but I'll admit it isn't played often.

They became hugely mainstream and very popular, and had a great run. Released some great music. Everyone knows Daft Punk, they are a household name. Well marketed.

I like to listen to a few of the 90s early 2000s songs, but often not all the way through. I really liked Around The World and its music video, but it's extremely repetitive to just listen to, without the video. And I type that whilst listening to a 17-minute long Underworld track.