Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2009, 12:15 PM
myrrh
a small-minded madman

Re: Slumdog Millionaire
I haven't seen this yet but read the book. After reading that Wikipedia article, the movie sounds nothing like the book, except for the game show factor.

However, this is probably a good thing because I didn't think the book was anything great, and wondered why all the hype around the movie was about.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
myrrh
a small-minded madman

I finally saw this, and like I thought it is drastically different than the book.

I didn't like the book all that much, but the story in the book is a lot better, and the book goes through every question (13 of them), which inevitably fleshes out the a lot more.

The changes that were made from the book, I feel made the story less interesting and turned a decent story (even though I didn't particularly like it) into a crap story.

However, if you just look at the movie for what it is, then it is marginal. I don't see what the fuss was/is about this film.

There was some things I thought were well done. Like the editing, and how the subtitles were placed. Over all I also enjoyed the first half, when they were kids, better than the second half. In fact, the think the kids were better actors then the older people.

Anyway, I am glad I only paid 10 dirhams to watch it, which equals about a dollar and a half in US.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Yer the kids were definatly better, but I'm sure I read that Danny Boyle literally auditioned them from the street. They completly natural and weren't over doing it like young Brit/US actors would in order to gain future roles by over doing it.