Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: dizzee rascal - maths and english
well - I have to admit it...

I was a bit f_cKed up when I first heard the track, and posted about it. I think it was all about the fact that I couldn't believe that he actually titled a track p_ssy hole & used it in a chorus. More than an actual presentation of content

completely agree with BrotherLovesDub about frontin' - hell, even DC would probably be too tough

now that I listen to this track, I can only think of two things

1) "It takes two to make things all riiiiiight. It takes two to make it out of siiiiight. It takes two. It takes two babe."

(forget that track's name)

2) Pase Rock & Spank Rock's "Lindsay Lohan's Revenge" was a better track.... and it not only uses some of the same percussion (but a bit faster - closer to a bmore house track), it also mentions p_ssy
Old 03-27-2007, 08:04 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid cue
i think you may have missed the man rapping over these things, which makes it not like house music
There was rapping!?

now how did I miss that...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake
wow, they're using old skool rave sounds and a funk sample that has been used in about a gazillion songs already! Brilliant!
(I don't know why I even clicked on this )

Hah, well said.

I found a track like I Luv You so refreshing, but this is lame.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:45 AM
kid cue
ryooong

*cough* Fix Up Look Sharp *cough*
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 AM
joethelion

what about "Fix Up Look Sharp" ?

I mean... I've always *kinda liked Dizzee, but there were other people whom I at least perceived as being in the same 'realm' who were a bit better

although - I will give you "Fax Machine Anthem (Dizzee Rascal Remix)" was awesome
Old 03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
kid cue
ryooong

what remix is that?

i like a lot of other grime MCs better now too, but i think it's still lame to be 'calling him out' on using old-school sounds to make a track about being old-school, especially since he already did it once (differently, on "Fix Up Look Sharp") and people loved it then.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:09 AM
joethelion

well - at least from my perspective that it's bad that he's using old-school sounds... just well - it's that specific beat, you know?

and well - I think it's already pretty overused in a lot of bmore tracks (especially from what I've heard on various Mad Decent / Diplo sets)

btw- the album listed for "P_ssy Hole" is 'mad decent' ... is he now hanging out with Diplo et al?

oh, and "Fax Machine Anthem (Dizzee Rascal Remix)" = remix of Beck's "Hell Yes" it was on the special edition of "Guero"

and with "Fix Up Look Sharp" - even though it was an older beat he was using, it felt like he was still the 'main' part of the track, while P-hole seems to be more like: "hey guys look at this old beat... yea how crazy is it that I'm gonna rap over this old, cheesy-ass beat... btw - did I mention this old school beat I'm gonna use?"
Old 03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
kid cue
ryooong

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
and with "Fix Up Look Sharp" - even though it was an older beat he was using, it felt like he was still the 'main' part of the track, while P-hole seems to be more like: "hey guys look at this old beat... yea how crazy is it that I'm gonna rap over this old, cheesy-ass beat... btw - did I mention this old school beat I'm gonna use?"
i'll buy that. also, the point of doing another token "old-school" track is questionable. i like his flow on it now though. that's everything IMO.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

the hell is with all this gabbering

track's great. it's got a lot of energy to it and he's in good form. s'all i need. course theres the immediately recognizable sample to it, but i think we're trying to give him an attitude he's not necessarily having about it.

joe - i think you meant to say 'race riot on the dancefloor' in terms of what dominates percussion
Old 04-04-2007, 05:47 AM
kid cue
ryooong

edit: i REALLY like his flow on this, and the track is technically good, but he IS starting to get a bit Jay-Z ....

Last edited by kid cue; 04-04-2007 at 07:34 AM.