Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Re: 2009-08-06 The Joint in Las Vegas
I'm not in Vegas, but I must admit it's been fun reading what everyone is wearing as identifiers. Hope you're all having a great time right now!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 PM
ndrwrld
blue

i'll admit, i get a bit of a rush reading the last bunch of posts just before the concert.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 PM
bas_I_am
vision

damian lazarus is kickin!!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

It's quite a treat to be reading these posts...we won't have to wait for a proper setlist to trickle in, and catch all the transition loops dropped in. And we'll probably get some clips on YouTube from the show besides NUXX.

Someone better get their hands on a balloon. That would be the ultimate collector item.

Jason
Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
bas_I_am
vision

drunken fucking frat boys behind me having a conversation at the top of their lungs because they can't hear themselves over dl's smokin set.

lets hope the boys play bs first so they g home
Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 PM
lindvall
river

I've been taking a few photos an tagging them with the lastfm id:

http://www.last.fm/event/1068743

Security told me we're not allowed to take video, sadly.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 PM
bas_I_am
vision

forget drunken frat boys... about to kick the shit out of a drunken frat chick
Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 PM
lindvall
river

What bar are they going to hang out at? ;-)
Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 AM
bas_I_am
vision

woo-hoo! got the setlist from lighting tech. couple of dirties took pic so it should be posted soon.

and everything I said about moaner... I take back. live, it is incredible!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Wow. What a set. I was always kind of skeptical that UW read the requests, but I'm a believer now. I got my "Kittens" and "Spikee". THANK YOU! The only thing missing was Juanita, and that was on the "sparing" list. I don't know if that means it was a possible substitute song or possible additional songs if they had time. Perhaps everyone will get Juanita tomorrow in Oakland.

Another thing to say. Fucking CUPS! Has it even been played live since the Beaucoup Fish tour? I was recently thinking of starting a thread about retired live songs (Cups, Dinosaur Adventure 3D, and Bruce Lee come to mind). But Cups is such a good one, it would've been my 4th request in the requests thread. But I didn't list it because I figured it was unlikely to be played at any point. And then they go and do this killer Cups/Push Upstairs mix tonight! It's eerie; it's like Rick is in my head.

Lots of Beaucoup Fish songs tonight. No Oblivion with Bells and only one from AHDO. But there were a lot of non-album songs played tonight. I was actually worried that they would play a greatest hits type setlist like they had for the festivals last month. I should not have doubted. There were lots of rarities and lesser played songs, and just the right amount of hits songs. Thank you for taking care of your hardcore fans, UW!

Unfortunately, the venue was only about half full, but we still had a pretty good time. People weren't as responsive to some of the songs, but the overall reception was pretty good.

Setlist:

1. Intro
2. Dirty Epic
3. Bamboo
4. Rez/Cowgirl
5. Kittens
6. King of Snake
7. Small Conker and a Twix
8. You Do Scribble
9. Between Stars
10. Born Slippy .NUXX/Monkey Wink
11. Two Months Off
12. Diamond Jigsaw
13. Spikee
14. Cups/Push Upstairs
15. Jumbo
16. Moaner

Between Stars and Diamond Jigsaw got pretty good dancing receptions, considering that no one knew the songs.

At the end of one of the songs (NUXX maybe?), Karl came up behind Darren and turned his headphones sideways on his head.

For Spikee, I'm really glad the guitar has made a return to the song. For tonight's rendition though, Karl left the stage, so we didn't get any lyrics.

When they set up the haphazard Inflatables configuration, they added a few new ones that I haven't seen before. They are 33% longer than the typical Inflatable. Make of that what you will.

That's it for me. It was nice to meeting the Dirts at dinner tonight, and additional Dirts at the show. Off to bed now, early flight tomorrow to Oakland.