Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: VOTE DIRTY: Dirty Beatport Remix Submissions: voting period is 2nd-16th November
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactorstudios View Post
In The Black Box
That main gritty synth reminds me of a Gearwhore track or two. Nice use of the robotic vocal as a lead-in to this section.
I could move to this in a very dark club in the deep, dead of night. This a "louder is better" track. The arrangement offers a few nice surprises; I guessed wrong on the direction of this one a few times as it played out. This stays true to all that I love about Dave's radio show. Well done sir.
http://www.beatportal.com/remix/deta...ack-box-remix/

Thanks for the feedback man appreciate the kind words on the remix and the show!

As I have said already your mix shows a real capacity at production - great sound quality and some really inventive ideas add up to a great remix!!!

Like I said ... you should do more stuff like this!!

Mine...holding on in there.. but LX Nen has deservedly hit the 50 spin mark for his remix.. fingers crossed he makes the cut!!
http://www.beatportal.com/remix/deta...ack-box-remix/
Old 11-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Re: VOTE DIRTY: Dirty Beatport Remix Submissions: voting period is 2nd-16th November
Thanks all for the feedback, and spins, it really is much appreciated.

If you haven't spun the the other dirty mixes in the first post, please go back and give them a try. I think Buji's mix in particular is a lot lower down the ranking than it outght to be, just 2 more spins would get it on the first page, where it will be noticed a lot more. Quick link: http://www.beatportal.com/remix/detail/bird-1-buji/

As for copies being available, the competition rules say we could be kicked of the competition if we do hand them out, so you won't find many of the mixes floating around officially. I'm not sure people will be worried about this after the competition ends though ;-)
Old 11-06-2010, 10:31 AM
reactorstudios
Ken

I'll second the plea for Buji. Spin it!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

BUMP!

1 week of voting left, and a lot of excellent dirtymixes are being left behind. If you havent followed the links in the first post and voted by clicking 'spin it' on these tracks, now would be a good time to do it. You'll have to spend a minute signing up before you can vote, but it's a quick and painless process.

Here are the chart positions as they stand:

15th LX Nen
25th Marshall Watson (guys, this one REALLY deserves to catch up with my mix!)
26th Dunwho
27th Uncles of Wise
36th Reactorstudios
44th Unwoundfloors
47th Buji
92nd Vflow
96th Europium
96th JoeBellingham
100th Phaseblue

At this stage it's all about mobilising a fan base, luckily I've had time to do that so I'm doing well for now.

In the next stage, the top 10 (plus 10 chosen by beatport staff) get their mixes heard by Rick and Karl. What better way to make a dirt's day than by giving them that honour? ...and you'd also be saving R&K from sitting through some of the drivel that's currently in the top 10 (aparrently due to skill at generating e-mail accounts rather than skill at remixing).
Old 11-09-2010, 04:36 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

VOTED!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:37 AM
vflow
defrosting machinery

I woke up with fresh ears this morning and decided to finally check out all the dirty mixes. Man, what a ride! This collection is so diverse in mood and style, if this was released as Bird 1 (The Dirty Remixes), I'd definitely buy it, without hesitation. +1 vote for everybody.

My favourites (after first listen) are Buji, Marshall Watson, LX Nen and Europium, but everybody did an excellent job here. Seriously.
Thumbs up, and best of luck for the contest to all of you.

Considered what I'm hearing now while playing the current most-voted-for submissions (which is not much fun, to say the least), I sincerely hope the Beatport staff will pick a bunch of dirty mixes for the final top 20. They deserve to be heard by Underworld (and I think UW deserve to hear them, too ).
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
europium
river

It's Monday the 15th and the track at the top of the remix contest has had 351 spins and 324 listens...i mean waddafuk! More spins than listens. Go figure!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
some of these are good, but most are garbage... i have something like 290 listens, but 43 spins... that's just weak. no matter. I have the remix and I'm happy with it.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by europium View Post
It's Monday the 15th and the track at the top of the remix contest has had 351 spins and 324 listens...i mean waddafuk! More spins than listens. Go figure!
The voting methods in these kinds of contests are usually pretty lame. They seem to determine who can get the most friends to go vote for them than more than determining the best remix. That's why I wasn't too torn up about not having time to finish my mix for the contest. I'll finish it for myself and will share it here when it's done, and that's enough for me.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
reactorstudios
Ken

A fairly simple tweak to the voting procedures at beatport would go a long way toward eliminating some of the blatant scamming going on: Require that the registered user listen to the entire track before the Spin It! (vote) button becomes available to click. If they want to FFWD or RWD, fine, but the vote button stays 'greyed out' until they listen start to finish. If someone actually likes a mix enough to vote for it, they won't mind having to listen through the entire thing in one go.
The fact (really just my opinion) that nine of the top ten tracks are either crap, cheated their way to the top, or both, is a disappointment. That's nearly half the advancing spots going to undeserving mixes. BUT, that still leaves 10 spots for the truly great ones, which is a generous allotment in itself. Surely, the entire group of dirty-mixers won't make the cut, but I'd be stunned if there weren't a nice selection in the 10.
LX Nen, among the remixes that really blew me away, yours is closest to the top, so I'm declaring you the winner! Nice work. Lollipop for you.

Making my mix was a ton of fun and a tremendous learning experience (first effort with Cakewalk Sonar). Listening to everyone else's mixes was a lot of fun and a tremendous learning experience (so many good ideas to steal). I think I made it through ninety of 'em, reviewing most of the group. All of the feedback I received will help me greatly in crafting future mixes (blah blah...tremendous learning experience).

Thanks to all who listened. To everyone else...you've one more day to make it count.

reactor.