Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

Re: FIFA World Cup 2010
BREAKING NEWS....BARCA WINS WORLD CUP!!!!!

but seriously, thank god for that. what a dirty play by the Dutch. fuck off holland. better luck next time, eh?

so glad Andres scored that goal. best man on the pitch, possibly in the tournament (besides Müller of course)

Last edited by Eikman; 07-11-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:36 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

MORE BREAKING NEWS.....FOOTBALL WINS WORLD CUP FINAL

dutch were a disgrace - so pleased they (and robben in particular) didn't win. well done spain for sticking to football despite the spoiling 'tactics' they faced. worthy winners.

(and bld can go back to watching his minority pastimes for another 4 years)
Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Eikman

Old 07-11-2010, 02:43 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
[B]

(and bld can go back to watching his minority pastimes for another 4 years)
you mean sports where the athletes aren't diving/crying pussies who play for a tie?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Eikman

Old 07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Sadly that game is another example of why the great game of football will not prosper in my country.

Diving, rolling, stumbling - arm waving wankers all over the ref. Mostly wearing the Spanish jersey.

The Dutch hacked and smacked - but there was nothing beautiful from either side.

At one point in the second half the Spanish number 8 kicked himself - and collapsed to the ground looking to milk the penalty. WTF was that all about?

Apart from missing the goal - Robben's mistake was not falling when Puyol was giving him a big cuddle from behind. Which says something about the state of the game at the top level.

Iniesta's goal was well finished - I did think he was offside for starters - but it was the right call by the sideline official.

Congrats Spain.

But the mighty New Zealand All Whites finish as the only UNDEFEATED team in the World Cup. Wooohooo!!

Someone serve up that freaking octopus as well.

- S. Colbert
Old 07-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Eikman

oh, and Forlan is apparently "Player of the Tournament" with Müller being the Top Scorer and "Best new player".

Old 07-11-2010, 02:59 PM
sanblaster
Niet een Engelsman

Well deserved on both sides. What a fucking disgrace was to see Holland play it rough, they obviously don't know how to do it properly and betrayed themselves.

Diving, eh?

¡¡¡ESPAÑA!!!
Pass me the ventolin I need some more
We have ways of making you think
They told me over a drink
Old 07-11-2010, 03:03 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Oh yeah - forgot to mention De Jong's karate kick to the chest - that was impressive in another "Wtf?" type reaction. Did he get a yellow - or just a warning?

It's that kind of inconsistency that pisses me off - a player gets a yellow - for an innocuous tackle (that's milked by a dive) - but only a warning - for a studs up - boot to the chest.

The play-on when Robben was pulled from behind by Puyol - and the goal-kick, after the ball came off the Spanish wall - were the two most glaring Webb errors.

He should have sent out a red card earlier - he kept warning players and showing yellows - but nothing really changed. Who cares if it would have screwed the game - both Holland and Spain would have had to have changed their game plans, and played some football.

I should stop posting - I've had 4 coffees to keep me awake!

- S. Colbert
Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanblaster View Post
Well deserved on both sides. What a fucking disgrace was to see Holland play it rough, they obviously don't know how to do it properly and betrayed themselves.

Diving, eh?

¡¡¡ESPAÑA!!!
Plenty of it san - plenty of it - and the arm-waving - I thought some of the Spanish were trying to take off and fly out of the stadium.

Hah - if that was a club side playing like Holland - it would have been hailed as a "tough uncompromising" performance.

Like I said - congratulations Spain - it was a cracking finish from Iniesta. But it's not a great advertisement for the sport - at least not in my country.

I know, I know - who cares right - we're just New Zealand. But it's not in our sporting culture to fall over and roll around - you can see that watching the All Whites games - they prefer to play the ball and the game. Unlike the Italians who were grabbing their faces, and falling to the ground anytime we got close.

I know - it's part of football - and you know what - fair play to you. You won - you are the world champions.

But until the officials actually start to officiate the foul play as demonstrated by Holland - and the unseemly diving and milking (did you see the Spanish #8 kick himself - and fall over????) - football will never really take off here.

I love football - I do - it's just that the World Cup - which produces superb games - also produces ugly, unsatisfying performances like this final. The ends justify the means - and so it should.

Anyway - did I mention NZ were undefeated?

Congratulations again Spain!

- S. Colbert