Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 AM
cured
sikk

Re: FIFA World Cup 2010
Didn't catch the US game today (was going to catch the tail end when I got in the office). Was the US robbed of that third goal or no?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

in a word, yes...
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

USA ROBBED BY EVIL COULIBALY!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

Mali. They need refs for the biggest sporting event in the world and corrupt-as-hell FIFA look to Mali.

Hi Eik
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
cured
sikk

US gotta beat Algeria then. Do they have to do it by more than a goal, though? Hrm...
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Roth View Post
Mali. They need refs for the biggest sporting event in the world and corrupt-as-hell FIFA look to Mali.
not at all bitter, then?

jason; this is football - its beauty and its pain are that it's like life - sometimes it really JUST ISN'T FAIR, and sometimes you get the breaks - but it's only the JUST NOT FAIR bits that stick in the craw and you don't realise that, over a lifetime, there's generally a balance. this isn't a time to chuck your toys out of your pram and start getting into conspiracy and xenophobia. were that so, then sepp (german) blatter would have made damn sure that no german player got sent off for petty fouls, such as we saw today. it's a WORLD cup - that also means that officials from The World are selected to take part. that does mean that officials with less experience of major tournaments may be present; but part of the point is that they gain experience and can pass that on, making The Game stronger - fifa are very concerned with this sort of thing. it's also why they resist taking power away from officials on the field - the beauty of the game is that it's the same, be it the world cup final, or my son's sunday team.

hard to take now, and i understand. as an england fan i've had big decisions go terribly in bigger matches than this. it's shit; but you deal with it. i think it's called 'character-building'.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured View Post
US gotta beat Algeria then. Do they have to do it by more than a goal, though? Hrm...
certainly wouldn't hurt..
Old 06-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
not at all bitter, then?

jason; this is football - its beauty and its pain are that it's like life - sometimes it really JUST ISN'T FAIR, and sometimes you get the breaks - but it's only the JUST NOT FAIR bits that stick in the craw and you don't realise that, over a lifetime, there's generally a balance. this isn't a time to chuck your toys out of your pram and start getting into conspiracy and xenophobia. were that so, then sepp (german) blatter would have made damn sure that no german player got sent off for petty fouls, such as we saw today. it's a WORLD cup - that also means that officials from The World are selected to take part. that does mean that officials with less experience of major tournaments may be present; but part of the point is that they gain experience and can pass that on, making The Game stronger - fifa are very concerned with this sort of thing. it's also why they resist taking power away from officials on the field - the beauty of the game is that it's the same, be it the world cup final, or my son's sunday team.

hard to take now, and i understand. as an england fan i've had big decisions go terribly in bigger matches than this. it's shit; but you deal with it. i think it's called 'character-building'.

This wasn't a bad break. This was a straight up robbery.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

this is why we invented the phrase 'we wuz robbed' it might be the first time it's happened to you; but it's by no means the first time it's happened.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

The only invention I care about right now is whiskey.