Dirty Forums > craft.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

Re: Dirty Compilation 2010: Quietly Violent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
Hey..also just uploaded the last compilation to the dirtygrooves Records page on bandcamp so you can get a sense of how it will look for all the albums.

Check here http://dirtygroovesrecords.bandcamp....-sweet-in-rain

I will be adding .pdf booklets to every album, maybe someone wants to help with that?

I am hoping to develop the darksounds project with borndirty.org so as this site grows the compilations will be at the heart of the development.
What kind of help do you need, Dave?
Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camiel Toe View Post
What kind of help do you need, Dave?
I was hoping to create a simple PDF booklet with information on the artists and all that... a photo too... people can be involved in more than just musical ways. We could perhaps offer for the first time a Compilation of music and art based on the theme "Quietly Violent"? We can include hi res images in the pdf... its an option
Old 09-05-2010, 01:35 PM
purlieu
enofa

I'm working in a ton of different directions at the moment, not sure which to take this. We shall see. I'll get started this week.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
I was hoping to create a simple PDF booklet with information on the artists and all that... a photo too... people can be involved in more than just musical ways. We could perhaps offer for the first time a Compilation of music and art based on the theme "Quietly Violent"? We can include hi res images in the pdf... its an option
Dig it!

I've created the cover art for the past 3 years. But if people have inspiration, i'm happy to let whatever looks best be the cover. Also, i think it'd be great if contributing artists give a little more of their personality to the booklet notes than just a few words. If we got a page per artist, that'd be wonderful. And if people are inspired to send in art/photos on the theme of "Quietly violent", that'd flesh it out, too!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Buji
mouseman

Yeah that would be cool.

How about everyone who submits a track sends in 1 photo of anything/place etc that has maybe influenced them in some way to make the song or music in general!
And some words to go with it.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:29 AM
purlieu
enofa

While doing some live improv rehearsals I seem to have accidentally made a piece which fits the theme perfectly. It's a one-take jam but I'm rather happy with it. I think I shall submit it for this. Yes.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Dig it!

I've created the cover art for the past 3 years. But if people have inspiration, i'm happy to let whatever looks best be the cover. Also, i think it'd be great if contributing artists give a little more of their personality to the booklet notes than just a few words. If we got a page per artist, that'd be wonderful. And if people are inspired to send in art/photos on the theme of "Quietly violent", that'd flesh it out, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buji View Post
Yeah that would be cool.

How about everyone who submits a track sends in 1 photo of anything/place etc that has maybe influenced them in some way to make the song or music in general!
And some words to go with it.
Yea i like all of this... how about we keep it real simple. SEND IN WHAT YOU GOT! If it is photos, art, painting, drawing, music whatever...photographic or visual - SEND IT IN... and we will see what we can do.. Everyone can take part - lets make it the best yet!

All the details ar eon the first post now (Thanks Todd!) and so if your looking for addresses etc check it out there!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

I've sent you my tracks Dave...
Old 09-15-2010, 06:27 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Great to hear there's interest and people are getting to it!

I'm revisiting a set of melody and lyrics I wrote in 2002, but now with some live guitars and (hopefully) improved production values.

Roll on autumn and the latest dirty comp.!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Keep sending in tracks and whatever else people!!! We got a few already but room for lots more!