Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:18 AM
mark3
pants

Re: New mysterious art on underworldlive.com -- 16/05/18
The site has been updated. No new music, yet, but it's coming. For now, there are 'four journeys into the World of Underworld'
Old 05-21-2018, 01:49 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

http://www.underworldlive.com/news/2...of-underworld/

The links click through to spotify playlists right now.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:29 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

$30 is a bit much to nab a physical copy of TTB but i'm optimistic about this. "spontaneous releases" is giving me uwlive 01-03 possibilities. hopefully downlaodable instead of just a spotify thing.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:31 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Looked through some of the playlists. Some doubles within an individual playlist, some that aren't on spotify (yet? Emerson mix of Human Behaviour and Caliban's Dream are listed but unplayable) and some questionable choices (since when is little speaker a bigroomstadiumbangerman?) but they dug deep and put some old remixes in there. Looking forward to where this goes! Maybe some further shakeups in the live set?

Last edited by jetpig; 05-21-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:29 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
some that aren't on spotify (yet? Emerson mix of Human Behaviour and Caliban's Dream are listed but unplayable
I think that might be a regional thing. As in, they're playable in Spotify UK.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:05 AM
DwarfeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
http://www.underworldlive.com/news/2...of-underworld/

The links click through to spotify playlists right now.
I'm hoping they will add Apple Music-playlists in the near future.

uw0769
Old 05-22-2018, 01:41 AM
purlieu
enofa

This is definitely intriguing, although launching with four Spotify playlists is a bit underwhelming. Good to see some obscurities in there - really happy to see 'Cut Clouds' in the ambient one.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:59 AM
stimpee
Administrator

New playlists on Spotify bigroombangersandstadium etc
From: http://www.underworldlive.com/news/2...of-underworld/
World of Underworld

“Welcome to a world in which beans or spaghetti or perhaps even pineapple are sealed in unopened cans like some kooky version of Schrodinger’s cat experiment, but at least the labels clearly state, “May contain beans or spaghetti or perhaps even pineapple”. Welcome to the World of Underworld” Electronic Sound

Shut your eyes, pick a colour then follow the sound that it makes.
Follow its path as it shifts and twists like the bends of a running river; listen out for the eddies and currents created by bass notes, the ripples that form from the manipulated echoes of a human voice. Tune in and take flight as eras and genres flow together, merging spectacularly into permanent new paths where familiar signposts mark out new journeys that flow A to B in blue, orange, green, red.
For something so enveloping, so all-encompassing, music has a tendency to remain static. Recordings are committed to tape, stamped onto vinyl then frozen in time upon release, forever streamed in lockstep with an album’s artwork.
But what if you could reroute your history and redirect your future? Take sounds and feelings from over the years and meld them together into new forms that reflected the mood of the listener?
World of Underworld is an experiment. A series of sonic rabbit holes, pulling music together into cohesive, colour coded, hand picked journeys each of these explores a different aspect of Underworld’s sound, deep diving into nearly three decades of recordings.
The first four journeys into the World of Underworld are:

bigroombangersandstadiumtechnoman – the cyclone sound from towering bassbin stacks the world over… some of Underworld’s biggest hits and way beyond.

melodicgroovefortwistedfloorsman – some of the band’s very best songs where deconsturcted lyrics come wrapped inside addictive, hypnotic melodies and irresistibly propulsive rhythms
balearicbeatsandchugginghouseman – opening with the band’s classic ’93 remix of William Orbit’s Water from a Vine Leaf, this is a selection of blissed out, mid-tempo sunset-to-sunrise songsambientballadsandelectronicfolkman – collecting together the sublime, the beatless and the transcendent, this is an Underworld soundtrack to the small hours.
Over time, the World of Underworld will evolve as new releases and unearthed material appears on streaming platforms and they become a platform for experimentation, for creative process and spontaneous releases – the first of which being the recently released – a track recorded and mixed just a few days before it emerged online.
So, follow those sounds, listen to the colours, join all of the dots. Welcome to the World of Underworld.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:10 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: World of Underworld
This seems really cool... but... two things:

1) Is the music only going to be on Spotify? Do I really need to get another subscription to yet another service, just for streaming files???

2) Is the music only going to be streaming?

...I'm hoping that as far as #1 - it's just a bit early, and the playlists will show up on iTunes

(I haven't heard anything - as, these playlists are only on Spotify... so far)
Old 05-22-2018, 07:25 AM
negative1

Re: World of Underworld
ok, checked out the playlists.

doesn't look like any unreleased songs on there from what i can see.

the categories are not very strict either.

later