Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:45 AM
dudedude32
river

Bootleg babies
Right. I've asked everywhere for this thing and it simply remains outside my grasp.

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction to obtain the Bootleg Babies?

I am fully aware that this is against the rules and that the board of trade is supposedly the place to get it but I can't find any way to find it at .rowla.

Any website, blog, torrent, rapidshare, mp3 links would be eternally appreciated.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: Bootleg babies
http://www.google.com
Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 AM
dudedude32
river

Trust me mate I've tried every single search thread I can find.

rapidshares, mp3s, torrents, blogs, forums, rstr, p2p. g2p and google has yielded nothing. If anyone could take the time to upload it, I would be eternally grateful. Plus, I really want to hear the KOS. Everything Everything's KOS was the best dance song i've ever heard.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Jan
vision

I think it's OK to post this here.
Bootleg Babies was hosted on dirty.org, for anybody to download. I remember listening to this for the first time about four years ago, while reading Garfield comics. My life changed.
Quote:
intro.
"bootleg babies" was a project the fan of underworld on the rtsr-trade mailing list did last year, "We wanted to make a mix with the best tracks from Underworld bootlegs we had gathered over the years, a bit like Underworld did with Everything, Everything. It keep the list busy for a while since all the track where choosen with extensive polls on the list. The member choose the track that would be included, from wich source, the name of the cd and the artwork. Geoff mixed the whole thing so well it's hard to believe this is coming from 7-8 different bootlegs ranging from various quality. We distributed the cd from fan to fan around the world I think a good 150 copies where made of it, so for all you who couldn't get it last year you can now enjoy it. I hope you will enjoy those files" -Yannick Joubert

about.
these days, we are constantly bombarded with digital information. it passes through our skin 24hrs a day and we dont even twitch. its amazing we havn't all gone crazy yet. but there are huge bundles of zeroes and ones out there that when added together equal something far beyond the cold calculated technology of our world. that something is the music of underworld. that something is organic in that it has given birth to communities with members numbering in the thousands. they are organic as well. alive. teeming with ideas and action and feeling. and even though we can't really visualize how big it actually is it all boils to down to us. sitting in front of our computers. at work at home on the road dreaming and listening it was during one of those moments that the idea for this project first came up. me at a desk in a large space with large windows not streching my legs enough. almost bored to tears but feeling happy because you were all out there with me and we listened together. and together we came up with the idea to order those zeroes and ones our own way to pay homage and to celebrate and to make it all the more interesting

J-Justice
Seattle, WA

Production credit:

concept: -1, jason.
audio director : geoff.
mixed by: geoff.
audio research : yannick, jason, phil.
art director : scott, yannick
art concept : adam, yannick, mike
artists : yannick, jason, -1, joe t, kameron,
dave, mark, michael, dean, scott, andrew, mike
art selection : the members of rtsr-trade.
distribution : joe t.
ftp and sound storage : chris beck.
tracklisting : the members of rtsr-trade.
general admin : geoff, yannick, -1, graham, scott.
thanks from geoff : alberto moreno, chris beck, philip huntley, rtsr.org, dirty.org, uw. and everyone who helped in the project.
http://rapidshare.com/files/14607158...abies.rar.html

There is also a lossless version. It's on the RTSR tracker and on dime. It has a skip in Born Slippy .NUXX, though.
uw#0523
Old 09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
It has a skip in Born Slippy .NUXX, though.
Actually, the one on RTSR doesn't. I got the original source from geoff last year after meeting him at the Boston gig (hi geoff!) and posted a clean version on the tracker. The skip was actually in Disc 1, Track 8, Outro.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Jan
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Actually, the one on RTSR doesn't. I got the original source from geoff last year after meeting him at the Boston gig (hi geoff!) and posted a clean version on the tracker.
nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
The skip was actually in Disc 1, Track 8, Outro.
There is also one in NUXX @ 8:17
uw#0523
Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 PM
dudedude32
river

Thank you very much. You have thus ended a fortnight long search for these babies.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudedude32 View Post
Thank you very much. You have thus ended a fortnight long search for these babies.
dont forget to post what you think about it..

SOMEDAY ......bootleg babies : II (the return of UW)

later
Old 09-17-2008, 06:55 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i anticipate a knockdown, grueling vote process for the second one with anticipation.

i should get a copy of the first one again if the flac or a clean copy is around. i only have the copies sent to me initially from the tree, and it's got the two second gaps in it. i edited them out eventually but it's not *quite* there...
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
There is also one in NUXX @ 8:17
I never caught that one before. I only got the fixed one for that Outro, so I'll have to e-mail Geoff again.