Bruce Lee
Born Slippy
Between Stars
Rez
Glam Bucket
Born Slippy NUXX
Diamond Jigsaw

Fantastic 19 tracks

Last edited by undarrenworld; 07-17-2009 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Added Bruce Lee:)
Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Maboul59
mouseman

Re: dream set list. . .
Rez juste CAN'T be separated from Cowgirl, I think.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Overview:
Karl Intro Poem leads into the chord sequence of Swing Up High (I always thought it would be a good set-opener), followed by the version 2 interpretation of it. At the end the chords would fade out into Everybody Jack, which would then transition into Crocodile as it normally does. Transition into Spoonman, then Borialis as a bridge. Dinosaur Adventure 3D builds over it. During the climactic segment of the track, the melody would be played straight, not suddenly switched to the RCM chord progression. The track would come to a full stop at the end. Karl might say something, and the opening chord of Beautiful Burnout tentatively peeks through. Halfway through the "tribal percussion" segment at the end, the Mo Move melody begins (those four almost liquid tones), and is present throughout the remainder of the track into its outro. It keeps playing after the end, gradually building up into the full track. it would then go on for a good 13 minutes (not an unprecedented instance) after, closing on that sad melody beneath the live version. One of the times the key of that melody rises, it stays that way, and it quickly transitions into King of Snake (complete with frantic guitar). Fades out into D's Ablt, over which Juanita builds. I'm not asking for a crazy 21-minute version, but certainly with the inclusion of the "Kiteless" breakdown. In the middle. At the point where the glossy synths come over the downward-spiraling sound effect, the opening tone would come in and repeat itself dramatically rather than immediately return to the piano melody. The song would build up again before the piano returned. The "Kiteless" effect that normally ends the track would close it, and Luetin would be built up over it. As straightforward a performance as can be given for a rare live track. Transition to Moaner at the end. Moaner would, after playing out, end with the air-raid sound effect they sometimes use, and straight into You Do Scribble. That would fade into the groaning, metallic intro, followed by the beginning of Rez, then transitioning into Cowgirl and back, therefore creating that live classic Rez / Cowgirl. Always enjoyable. They would close it the same way they did in the Beaucoup Fish era, with the gradual slowing-down of Rez, ultimately climaxing before silence. Once again Karl might speak to the audience, perhaps thanking them for coming out, before beginning Pearl's Girl as a sort of encore. It's epic and swooping, so why not? At the very end they would slow down the "helicopter" noise until it ended on five perfect repetitions of it, extending the last one into infinity before ending it.
All I ask is that! Is a mind-blowing set with only two Beaucoup Fish tracks and numerous songs that left their set several years ago so hard?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

ALWAYS LOVED A FILM!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 PM
ndrwrld
blue

just some gems i'm DYING to hear in Toronto...
Kittens
Bruce Lee
Peach Tree
Pearls Girl.
Dirty Epic.

throw anything else at me, and i'll catch it all with my teeth.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

Dream set list would be too long to list in 1 post.
But some choices tracks I'd love to hear in Vegas:

Juanita/Kiteless
Push Upstairs
Luetin
Always Loved a Film
Beautiful Burnout
Dirty Epic
Strumpet
JAL to Tokyo
Telematic Peal
Toobee
Back in the Fears
Throw in something from Sunshine (Mercury/Sad Guitar/Jelly Blue)

&
Anything new (Between Stars?!? - Diamond Jigsaw?!?)

Last edited by nosajmunson; 07-31-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 PM
klingklang
mouseman

I would be happy with anything surrounding Oich Oich.