Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
cacophony
disquietude

hello, world
found myself thinking about this place today. i miss the lively debates but it looks like things have slowed down quite a bit. i hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: hello, world
hey! what's happening with ya?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:16 AM
heavens_night
Got WaxTrax!?

Send a message via ICQ to heavens_night
Indeed. There have been some truly profound eye-opening discussions here and it has dwindled a bit as of late. We've had lulls before, though. I'm sure something will stir things up again soon enough.

Maybe the lack of discussion is a good thing - A sign that there's actually less controversy out there 'IRL' to talk about. Who knows?

Whatever the case may be, I love you people who have contributed regularly on this board. Deckard, Sarcasmo, Ms. Burnout, //\/\/, bas_I_am, Strangelet, and of course you, too, cacophony. I know I haven't named everone, but ya'll know who you are and I love you guys for keeping me in touch with things I would otherwise be completely ignorant about. Thank you. Really. Thank you. You guys are like Stewart while the rest of the web is a boring Olberman .... I don't know any of you personally, but after reading so much of your social, political, and spiritual beliefs, I can't help but feel a little close to you folks in some ways. I wish I knew more people 'IRL' who were as passionate about current issues as you dirties seem to be.

.... Yes, even you f*CKFACE rODRIGUEZ.

Last edited by heavens_night; 03-02-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Come back and chat. Discussion requires input. Cant just idle and lurk all the time. If you have something to say, something to get off your chest, just do it.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

I'm offended, I'm a virgin.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Hey Cacophony! Hope things are good with the little ones, and with all else.

Yeah, I haven't been here as much lately either, thanks to some huge, looming deadlines we're facing at work. And honestly, I've been spending a little time at www.sodahead.com when I am looking to debate....the majority of members there are "tea party" types, so it's been enlightening (in a scary way) to engage some of them on the bizarre stances that many of those folks seem to embrace. They don't really handle objective reality very well. Or atheists. Anyway, feels like I'm cheating on the dirty forums a bit....
Old 03-03-2010, 02:24 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Hey Cacophony! Hope things are good with the little ones, and with all else.

Yeah, I haven't been here as much lately either, thanks to some huge, looming deadlines we're facing at work. And honestly, I've been spending a little time at www.sodahead.com when I am looking to debate....the majority of members there are "tea party" types, so it's been enlightening (in a scary way) to engage some of them on the bizarre stances that many of those folks seem to embrace. They don't really handle objective reality very well. Or atheists. Anyway, feels like I'm cheating on the dirty forums a bit....
jesus, sean - that's one lny site there! but i can see how a person could have fun with them...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:09 PM
heavens_night
Got WaxTrax!?

Send a message via ICQ to heavens_night
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
If you have something to say, something to get off your chest, just do it.
I think I just did.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

caco-nacho! we should have an alpharetta dirty meeting. seriously. how many alpharettans are on here, like four? it's got to be fate, or something.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:32 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
caco-nacho! we should have an alpharetta dirty meeting. seriously. how many alpharettans are on here, like four? it's got to be fate, or something.
i "joined" the atlanta coffee party movement (insofar as fanning the facebook page counts as joining). you interested?

http://www.coffeepartyusa.com/