Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2023, 04:35 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Denver Luna live 2023 / Next Song Drop ?
Instagram comments are as confused as we are here.

This single will turn off more people than it will attract. It?s like putting out a single of Ess Gee or Cuddle Bunny.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:30 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Pretty powerful & brave release.

Put on some headphones and turn it loud?WOW.

And don?t miss the faded beats in the waning seconds?must be a non-acappella version somewhere.

I think the oddest thing about the release is the near silence from the band. Not even an email announcement. What are these releases? Prelude to an album, Drift 2, or?? 🦗🦗🦗
Old 09-29-2023, 06:30 AM
Yannick
Mew Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
Instagram comments are as confused as we are here.

This single will turn off more people than it will attract. It?s like putting out a single of Ess Gee or Cuddle Bunny.

I would love a single of Ess Gee + Cuddle Bunny
I will ask
Old 09-30-2023, 01:49 AM
taotsu
taotsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
I would love a single of Ess Gee + Cuddle Bunny
I will ask
YES! Count me in, too
Old 10-03-2023, 05:14 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

lol. worst. singles. ever. haha
Old 10-05-2023, 07:00 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

can't help but feel some of the replies are nuts tbh.
personally I love this drop. i mean, did anyone ever, ever suspect UW would release an acapella track?
total respect to R&K for being able to continually surprise.
there are threads on here dissecting karls lyrics. here is a huge opportunity to have no ambiguity about the lyrics.
in addition, this is very clearly (i hope) a teaser of much more to come. indeed i felt similar about "and the colour red", because like the first appleshine snippet we heard, it suggests really strongly to me that it is part of a bigger whole.

I have only 1 grumble, and that is we continue to wait for drift 2. Even though I know it will be worth the wait I want it now, greedy so and so that I am. I can't wait to hear gene pool again, as well as the full version of denver luna.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:34 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

I mean, I think we can all agree... one of the biggest mistakes UW ever did was to release "Jumbo" instead of "Skym" as the second single off of Beaucoup Fish, and it's great to see that they've finally learned that lesson. [jk]

But seriously though, yes ... this is a cool acapella "track", but I think they're kind of undercutting themselves even by making the distinction of labeling it "acapella", instead of just releasing it as "Denver Luna"... like the distinction of "track" vs "song" is important, especially if "Denver Luna" is a single.

Having said all of that - this release is very interesting, I enjoy the track, and I'm excited to hear more (but I'm not sure if this is a single I'm going to be listening to multiple times, like I did with say... 'Dune' or 'Another Silent Way')
Old 10-10-2023, 07:18 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

I think my issue was that after hearing this live I was SO excited to hear a produced track - and then was surprised to find its the exact opposite of what I was hoping for. Is it good? yup! Will I listen to this outside the context of an album? Nope!

but they have plenty of tracks like this. I listen to Underworld daily - for decades - but I've never once put on Skym to just hear that one track. I love it in the context of the album, but not as a standalone track. There are some I downright skip everytime; I'm looking at you Ess Gee and Boy Boy Boy.

So whatever. I'm glad they do what they do... just bummed it wasnt the one I was hoping for this particular time.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:45 PM
Dino3D
pants

So full version is out next week !
Old 10-12-2023, 01:17 PM
whatmakesustick

We did not have to wait too long I guess the acapella was part of a build up to the full release. Maybe this will have a merch drop with it. Given that the original posts for the acapella were titled 'denver luna' (without acapella) I wonder if there was a late change of plan. Anyway, very excited for next week.