Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2016, 01:23 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Re: 2016-04-13 Fox Theater - Pomona, CA
I think Scott is still around but maybe once a year if at all. Todd may know?
Old 04-07-2016, 01:35 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Scott hasn't been active in the community since around OwB and only posted a few thoughts when Barking came out. You can see his posts here:

https://www.borndirty.org/forums/sea...o=finduser&u=1
Old 04-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Rioja
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Scott hasn't been active in the community since around OwB and only posted a few thoughts when Barking came out. You can see his posts here:

https://www.borndirty.org/forums/sea...o=finduser&u=1
Got it - thank you for that. Are you Todd, by the way? (Please forgive the unfamiliarity.)
Old 04-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Rioja
river

Gotta give this thread some resurrection since the gig's in just 2 days: is anyone here familiar with the venue? I've only been there once and it was to see Between The Buried And Me a few years ago now. If anyone is familiar with the theater, would he/she give me an idea about how early people might be lining up on Wednesday?
Old 04-11-2016, 09:03 PM
ndrwrld
blue

i met Rick outside the Roseland NYC at their last gig there, and i can tell you , if you see him outside after ( it's worth the wait ), he'll be very pleasant, and probably sign something if you have it on you.
He signed my Underworld Adidas shoes...i took them off right on the sidewalk, he took them in, and got Karl to sign as well. He told me he really shouldn't, as i wouldn't wear them, but i do at certain Club gigs. i was extremely fortunate.
Stick around...you never know.
i would think people would want to get in there as close to ' doors open ' as possible, to get a spot right up front.
this is going to be a special gig for sure.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Rioja
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwrld View Post
i met Rick outside the Roseland NYC at their last gig there, and i can tell you , if you see him outside after ( it's worth the wait ), he'll be very pleasant, and probably sign something if you have it on you.
He signed my Underworld Adidas shoes...i took them off right on the sidewalk, he took them in, and got Karl to sign as well. He told me he really shouldn't, as i wouldn't wear them, but i do at certain Club gigs. i was extremely fortunate.
Stick around...you never know.
i would think people would want to get in there as close to ' doors open ' as possible, to get a spot right up front.
this is going to be a special gig for sure.
Thank you man -- yeah I'm sure it'll be a good gig. I'm really grateful we have a nice theater like the Fox in L.A.'s outskirts. I mean, L.A. has no shortage of great venues, but I'm thinking perhaps UW booked it because of the great time they had playing the Fox in Oakland some years ago. And/or could be because the Hard Music Fest is also located in Pomona, an event they were slated to play back in 2009 but weren't able to due to near-riots on behalf of some less-than-responsible "fans".

(I was there for that, actually: L.A. Forum. Nightmare: whole thing shut down at 11p.)

Anyway, no matter the reason, I'm elated this is happening. I plan on getting there plenty early and for sure hanging out for a bit after. I actually don't really want anything signed, but a quick photo would be amazing. They seem to be healthy and doing well, but this is their 36th year of making music together (and my 20th year as a fan) and I'd really like something to remember them by should these great times ever have to end. (God forbid, of course.)

I know one needs to separate the art from the artist, but I have to say that as kind, intelligent, and generous as they both are (and I'm sure Darren is too), they make it very easy to appreciate both.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Heys Dirts,

It's been a minute - I'll be doing photo coverage for the band again (similar to the recent Hollywood Bowl gig) and wanted to get sense of who is up for doing another Dirty group photo in front of the venue.

~Holler!
Old 04-12-2016, 04:07 PM
darktrain