Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:20 PM
unwound floors
power before passion.

request for melbourne - rowla! second toughest!
I've seen it done before, and thought I'd give it a shot, just in case.

Hi to whoever's reading this! Melbourne's getting hell of excited about Winter Sound System on Sunday night, and hoping y'all get here safe and sound, ready to rock us all. I have a bit of a request...

My best friend, James, is one of the greatest people I know. He might be almost eleven years older than me (I turned nineteen in May, he's approaching thirty in July), but despite that, he's always been one of the kindest people to me - taking me in for a few days when my parents' divorce got really messy, therapy over lunch and booze when I had to pick up all my vinyl from the one boy who broke my heart, all the times he's randomly sent me text-messages consisting of song lyrics we both love...

Anyway. He's also the person who first introduced me to Underworld, one hungover Sunday morning where I couldn't sleep. I can still remember that moment in his bed clearly, him telling me, "oh, by the way - here's a song I think you'll really like," and having Dirty Epic played to me for the first time. Lifechanging. I jumped in headfirst, along with his assistance (getting stoned in his bedroom and playing Everything, Everything a few weeks later, wow), and here I am, just a girl on the dirty forums.

For my birthday this year, he bought me a ticket to Winter Sound System (should've seen me drunkenly scream in the middle of a bar and jump on him - wonder why the bartenders still remember me from that night?), and we're both hell of excited to see Underworld rock the main stage - I was wondering. His favourite Underworld tunes are Rowla, To Heal, and pretty much everything off Second Toughest (Banstyle, Confusion the Waitress, Juanita - I have a lyric from Juanita tattooed on my back, haha) - I'm pretty sure it'd make his year if one or two of these tunes were played in Melbourne. Any hope of you guys pulling it off?

Love, the short girl in glasses who'll be going bonkers in front of the stage xx

(I can't be the only Melbourne dirty excited about Sunday night! Where are you all?)

Last edited by unwound floors; 06-08-2010 at 11:23 PM.