Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Apple + Underworld (iDrum Underworld Edition)
from the press release:

To celebrate the release of the full underworld back catalogue for the first time on iTunes, Underworld, in partnership with cutting edge developer iZotope, bring you an amazing iPhone iDrum application containing some of the most famous tunes from Underworld's juke box of techno classics.

Featuring tracks from all Underworld's albums and including "Born Slippy", "Two Months Off" and "Cowgirl" the application allows the user to remix, re-sequence and reconstruct 12 Underworld tunes and also features a piece created by the band themselves exclusively for the application.

With specially commissioned artwork from Tomato's John Warwicker the application is the closest you'll get to dropping the kick drum on "Born Slippy" without getting on stage with the guys yourself. In celebration, Underworld are giving away a special live version of "Born Slippy" recorded at Brixton Academy and have announced North American dates this August, including (technology permitting!) the worlds first FREE live audio-visual broadcast to the iPhone on Friday August 7th 2009 as Underworld continue their series of incredible live broadcasts at The Fox Oakland Theater.

Direct from the Fox Theatre in Oakland and accessible through Underworldlive.com check out the bands legendary show featuring some of the biggest dance hits of the last 15 years and maybe some future hits for 2010.

This is completely free and all you need is a computer with Quick Time installed on a broadband connection or an iPhone on a wi-fi connection running iPhone 3.0 or higher.

-------------------

Thank you!

Last edited by BrotherLovesDub; 07-16-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Apple + Underworld
This doesnt look like its been announced yet, but youve got a great scoop there!

This posting http://www.danceblogga.com/2009/07/u...ts-iphone.html says the same stuff but then links to Underworldlive which hasnt been updated Im sure it will be soon....

Underworld is unleashing its entire back catalog via iTunes and to celebrate it has partnered with developer iZotope to unveil its iDrum iPhone app, which allows users to remix 12 of the duo's tracks, including "Born Slippy," "Cowgirl" and "Two Months Off." Here's a dl of "Born Slippy" performed live at Brixton Academy in the U.K.

The pair is planning to perform the world's first audio-visual broadcast for the iPhone on Aug. 7. Info here. It has also rolled out additonal North American dates for next month:

08/06 - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV
08/07 - Fox Oakland Theater - Oakland, CA
08/08 - Hardfest - Los Angeles, CA
08/11 - Kool Haus - Toronto, Canada
08/12 - Metropolis - Montreal, Canada
08/14 - Muelle Panamericano - San Juan, Puerto Rico

http://www.magnumpr.net/media/underw...orn_Slippy.mp3
Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

AhhhHHHHHHhhhh do the west coast??? I think that does it, I might just fly out to one of those shows...

Very cool news, almost makes me want an iPhone now!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

I may have to stay up late then, glad there doing it on a PC to:

Edit:

When UW did the Roundhouse gigs, did any video rips of the gigs appear after Apple covered them? I was at Roundhouse 1 and would love to see it back.

Last edited by Dirty0900; 07-16-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
When UW did the Roundhouse gigs, did any video rips of the gigs appear after Apple covered them?
Released rips? No. Saved and need to be processed? Um, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
and maybe some future hits for 2010.
So, new album not until next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Here's a dl of "Born Slippy" performed live at Brixton Academy in the U.K.
Haha, waiting for the posts (not here) that say: "Hey, where are the 'lager, lager' lyrics??"
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

As there are two great, separate pieces of news here, I'll respond to them separately:

1. A new Underworld app? And a new Underworld song?
Though it may not be on the new album, this is great news. Since it's being written for a drum-synthesizing app, I'd assume it's a pretty high-energy song, which is also great. A lot of their newer songs are very moody and it's been a while since they've made a really good, pounding club track. I wonder if it'll be another Loads of Birds (in treatment, not style) and get released as a bonus track on UW6?

2. 0_0...
W-o-w.
I have never been so happy that California time is 3 hours earlier than EST. I'll be returning from a camping trip on the 7th and it's a 13-hour car ride home, so it'd be hard to view it any time sooner that 11 P.M. Plus, it'll be like a late movie night for all the East Coast fans. I promise that, if the circumstances work out, I'll be recording the audio for the concert, so if they drop any mind-blowing new stuff and decide we can't download it for ourselves then at least we'll have audio (I'm not promising, however, that it won't be without skips. Wiretap is a sometimes unnervingly accurate recorder, and any delays in receiving the broadcast will be accounted for on the recording).
If any of you west-coast Dirts are lucky enough to be near the cameras, give the rest of us a shout-out. We'll be listening.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

holy shit.

4 gigs with no record of it to speak of and now i'm getting audio + video recordings when i get home from this one.

excitement has been all under the skin for me till now. mind is racing with what could be.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

If it's a drum based song that's coming out via this app, I'll be the first person to guess that it's going to be "You Do Scribble."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Released rips? No. Saved and need to be processed? Um, yes.
If they ever got processed, I'll happily send money over for a copy!

Last edited by Dirty0900; 07-16-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
darktrain