Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:47 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
UW's not credited in this youtube vid of a track from the ceremony....but I swear I'm hearing some Sunshine soundtrack-esque nods here (i.e. To Heal)....

Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 AM
twicezero
mouseman

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games

got that underworld feel
Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
really nice one--had trouble spotting all the UW gems dropped because the US NBC feed was riddled with commentator talk.... they just would not shut up. I did pick out the TMO bits during Caliban's Dream... and a Rez moment.... Definitely heard KH in the long Glasto--through the Industrial Revolution bit... the itunes album has all these songs. Many of them are the actual length of the show version... so lots of 2-3 min tracks. Caliban's Dream is standout though. That one is a full 6 in.... and there is the 17 min drum freakout open....

UW can now sleep for a couple of days. The stress for this one must have been IMENSE.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 AM
negative1

i haven't seen or watched any of yet
due to not having good internet access.

i will soon enough. it's great to know
about the new music, and that they
revisited some of their older tracks
through remixes.

although they might not have been
mentioned, we know it was them!
i'm glad they are getting the global
appreciation and recognition they deserve.

i remember how much much midge ure
and ultravox were a part of live aid, and
instrumental in making the song. but they
didn't get much mention or press. (which
they really weren't after). but they were
always one of my favorite artists. and they
do get recognized for it now.

later
Old 07-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

I don't think any of the commentators even mentioned Underworld during the telecast here in Australia . Great work to everyone who was involved. I loved the new remixes, the new Rez mix was the standout for me. But I will need to here it again without any of the talking heads.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 AM
DaddyAdv
pants

THis is "I will kiss" - the epic drum-laden track for the industrial revolution part:

Skip to about 4:30 any you will find that Rick snucked in the "rising" synth line from the middle part of Rez :-)
Old 07-28-2012, 11:24 AM
lectoid
Is that really you?

F%#$ NBCOlympics.com. Why do I need a username and password to watch the olympics online from a channel (NBC) that is broadcast freely all over the US? I don't pay for cable because I have the internet. Anyone have a username/password they're willing to share?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:53 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

missed it

listening to "And i will kiss" it sounds like that bombastic stuff they use in front of shows like the amazing race to recap what's happened.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Fredzzz
thephotographer...

It was amazing, just sucked when the athletes walked in the arena...) blah blah blah... on BBC
Old 07-28-2012, 12:33 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Rez, Dark Train, Dirty Epic remixes = Olympic legacy!