Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > moments.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Mike
born013
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 761
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
Cool, could you post a link to that flyer you found?
__________________
dirty.radio | Underworld Gigography
  #12  
Old 12-31-2013, 01:45 AM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London
Posts: 105
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
Right. Try this.

http://fuzzy-dunlopbb.tumblr.com/

Is that working?
__________________
Entirely Possible

Last edited by scary man; 12-31-2013 at 02:33 AM.
  #13  
Old 12-31-2013, 04:40 AM
stimpee
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,787
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
There is a Megadog group on Facebook that might have more info on all the megadog gigs Underworld played. https://www.facebook.com/groups/9076411647/?fref=ts
__________________
UW0764 || Professor: "Underworld have never failed to disappoint me" || Yannick changed my avatar picture.
  #14  
Old 12-31-2013, 04:42 AM
stimpee
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,787
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
In fact, I dont know why i didnt suggest this before. I've been a member of that group for ages!
__________________
UW0764 || Professor: "Underworld have never failed to disappoint me" || Yannick changed my avatar picture.
  #15  
Old 12-31-2013, 06:13 AM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London
Posts: 105
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
In fact, I dont know why i didnt suggest this before. I've been a member of that group for ages!
I just joined this group yesterday! I've been meaning to do it for a while now. I've al notice several of my mates are there already.

I'm going to pick their brains about this in a bit.
__________________
Entirely Possible
  #16  
Old 01-01-2014, 02:59 PM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 130
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
Heh… I was there for that Megadog too.

Can confirm it was the Drum Club, not Sabres that played that night.

And yes, UW did play 'Spikee'.

Other 'perceptions' about Karl being dressed up in an astronaut suit may or may not be so accurate.
__________________
http://taoyoyo.com
  #17  
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 AM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London
Posts: 105
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
Quote:
Originally Posted by taoyoyo View Post
Heh… I was there for that Megadog too.

Can confirm it was the Drum Club, not Sabres that played that night.

And yes, UW did play 'Spikee'.

Other 'perceptions' about Karl being dressed up in an astronaut suit may or may not be so accurate.
Awesome!

They played 'Big Mouth' too. The only time in twenty years I've seen him pick up the harmonica. He really should do it again sometime.

So, that's it then? We've cracked it? It's definitely 29/10/93?
__________________
Entirely Possible
  #18  
Old 01-02-2014, 09:06 AM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 130
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
Quote:
Originally Posted by scary man View Post
Awesome!

They played 'Big Mouth' too. The only time in twenty years I've seen him pick up the harmonica. He really should do it again sometime.

So, that's it then? We've cracked it? It's definitely 29/10/93?

I would say so.

That was the first time I saw UW live too… a lot of my memory of that night is 'hazy' and as DubNo had not been released there wasn't a lot to 'recognize'… but I do remember buying 'Spikee' after it came out and thinking 'ahhh… that was that mental track'.

Many more Megadogs followed (and many more UW gigs)… the concept of 3 or 4 live techno bands playing in one night was a fantastic one and the vibe of the whole thing was like nothing else. Glad to have experienced it!
__________________
http://taoyoyo.com
  #19  
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London
Posts: 105
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
Quote:
Originally Posted by taoyoyo View Post
I would say so.
Huzzah!

Quote:
That was the first time I saw UW live too… a lot of my memory of that night is 'hazy' and as DubNo had not been released there wasn't a lot to 'recognize'… but I do remember buying 'Spikee' after it came out and thinking 'ahhh… that was that mental track'.
Things were similarly...ahem... fuzzy for me. Twenty years is a long time, man
There sets were a lot more fluid, back then. Not so much structure to proceedings. More like jams. Emerson would DJ in the middle of the set sometimes back then.

Quote:
Many more Megadogs followed (and many more UW gigs)… the concept of 3 or 4 live techno bands playing in one night was a fantastic one and the vibe of the whole thing was like nothing else. Glad to have experienced it!
Yeah, I feel very lucky to have been there. I've put the review I found on the tumblr too now.
i might start sifting through the ether for the others too.

http://fuzzy-dunlopbb.tumblr.com/

Happy Days!
__________________
Entirely Possible
  #20  
Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 AM
Mike
born013
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 761
Re: Underworld, Drum Club, Fluke @ Megadog, Rocket, London N7 - 92/93
I have added to the Gigography

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/467

I have added Spikee as the only known played track, since here is more than one report of it being played Was Big Mouth definitely played?
__________________
dirty.radio | Underworld Gigography
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.