Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2019, 03:16 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Drift Ep. 2...wishes and predictions
Hey all,

Since apparently Thursday is the start of the next Episode of the Drift project, I thought it'd be fun to discuss what you think/hope the next phase will entail.

Leaning towards a specific style, or more experimental? More guest artists?

Personally, I really enjoyed the weekly new releases for EP. 1, but as stand-alone tracks, some (Dexter's Chalk, Universe of when can back) resonated more than others (Low between zebras, A very silent way). However, placed side by side, it feels cohesive and I play it straight through (though I'm still not very into Very Silent Way).

The RiverRuns (which is what I'd compare these occasional, self-released collections of non-album tunes) had a fair amount of variety between tracks, but distilled/generalized down, they each have a distinct mood and a prevalent genre(simplifying, but for me, LBT is "happy"/dance; PFE is "melancholy"/electro; IABS... Is "soothing"/ambient. Just one guy's opinion, please debate that classification!). Wondering if Drift 2 will take it in a similar direction, such that each Episode has a style or mood in common? Or will it be fairly random and any linkage is just assumed by the listener?

I will always appreciate the banging tracks, so hopefully more of those... though puelrely ambient UW is great, too.

Last edited by holden; 01-22-2019 at 03:23 PM.