Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 06:24 PM
mr_chip
river

Re: Denver show now at the Fillmore Auditorium
Please, please keep your communication civil. You're much more likely to get results with politely worded, rational messages than you are with "OH MY GOD YOU SUCK!!!" venting like what I pulled back on page 1.

Last edited by mr_chip; 09-08-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:34 PM
graphex
river

I think a great way to drive sales for concert tickets is to schedule a performance at Red Rocks, and then switch the venue 3 days before the show to something less desirable. The classic bait-and-switch. What a shill...

I got my tickets in April, and was looking forward to Red Rocks all summer. I feel conned. If they weren't going to fill the venue and had to change, that is great, but tell us sooner. Give us time to get a refund, to reschedule. If I would have found this out last week, I'd send my tickets back for both Underworld and Chemical Brothers, get the refund, and buy the combo ticket. $50 for two concerts at the Fillmore is acceptable, but getting conned into spending $82 for tickets + $18.80 in fees is criminal.

And yes, I sound much more professional when I contact non-fans than here. I think you fans can handle venting better than, say 9 news tiplines. Whoever posted to the Yahoo financial site did well too.

Doubt the band is going to read this stuff... aren't they performing right now? They might read something tomorrow. I doubt there is anything they could do, other than rock the house especially hard on Tuesday. Or free t-shirts.

Last edited by graphex; 09-08-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
fuck them. fuck red rocks. fuck livenation.

i'm done.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:56 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

The Fillmore's not bad though. Excellent sound system. There's oodles of room to dance, why you could bring some cardboard boxes and be able to windmill.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:05 PM
txjaxx
mouseman

i've dreamed of Underworld at Red Rocks for years now. i almost planned a special mid-week vacation for it too. glad i didn't.

the worst part i see about this is no reason being given for the switch? i'm dying to know why it was switched. the Fillmore is not a small place by any means, so i can't imagine ticket sales would be an issue.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

i hope no one is feeling hostility towards rick+karl for this...because remember, it could be much worse:
http://www.villagevoice.com/music/07...,77680,22.html
Old 09-08-2007, 07:35 PM
mr_chip
river

Well, that was fast. Just got this back from the CEO of livenation:

Quote:
Sorry to hear your disappointment about the venue change - I am not close enough to this one to know why so I have cc J____ G_____ who is our president of North America and he will look into and get you the proper answer.
As the promoter we work for the band - we don’t change venues unless the band, the manager, agent and promoter have all discussed and agreed the chance is needed.

I will let J____ and our local Denver team provide more clarity. We work for the artist and fan sorry you are disappointed I will gladly refund your tickets if this show no longer appeals to you
Which nicely sidesteps the "Hey, my friends are flying in from fucking San Francisco to see this, how are you going to make it right to them?" issue I raised in my civil e-mail to him, but shows that someone is listening at LiveNation. It'll be interesting to watch the blame get passed around, I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:26 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Is the word actually that the Chemical Brothers could be there? I thought they weren't playing Denver until sept. 20 or so...
Old 09-08-2007, 09:32 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrain
i hope no one is feeling hostility towards rick+karl for this...because remember, it could be much worse:
http://www.villagevoice.com/music/07...,77680,22.html
This was an interesting article. I remember hearing people tell me that when I saw Daft Punk, I was just seeing two guys playing them on stage. I don't think that DP would do that - to have such a massive stage setup and not show up to play themselves would just be silly - but with someone like MF Doom, it almost seems like he's just playing a part, and his fans are his audience. If he did do all of what this article says, that's just wack. You have to always, always remember that your fans are damn important. I'm glad that UW has always done a lot for their fans. I'm sure we'll still get a rocking show at the Filmore.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 PM
energetik
river

This is an e-mail that I have just sent to everyone listed on the 2nd page of this thread. I am so unhappy right now.

Quote:
An Open Letter to the management, organizers, and promoters of the Red Rocks / Underworld event.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you to voice my extreme displeasure about the recent venue change for the upcoming Underworld show. I boarded a plane today at 4:51PM on the very Southern border, at the tip of Texas, to fly to Denver to have one very special and memorable night: seeing Underworld perform at Red Rocks.

I have never been to the Red Rocks amphitheater, I have only heard the stories and the “oh my God’s” when referring to the memories that are made there. I have never seen Underworld live. I have been following the group for such a long time, that I can’t even remember. As a DJ and event producer for the past 11 years, I understand whole heartedly about venue change. However, to move this show to another location takes away a great deal of the “Experience” that goes along with the entire event; at least for me.

When I first heard about this show, I looked at the tour dates and had only two options in my mind. I had never been to Red Rocks, and I have never been to Central Park. Both places were being saved for an extremely special occasion. This was, and is, that occasion. The event at its scheduled setting, was to be such a spectacular combination of music and venue, that it captured the hearts of so many music lovers from my home state. I personally was eager to share this experience with a dear friend, who’s flight arrives at my expense, tomorrow morning. There is a caravan of friends on their way here from Austin this weekend as well. Now, it seems, that this special occasion will be transformed into nothing more than a normal event, inside some over crowded venue, with a lack of atmosphere that I was eagerly awaiting.

I cannot gather the words to express my discontent. I hope that whatever reason this decision was made, that it is an extremely good one, and not just financial.
This has, without a doubt, cast a shadow on what was to be, and hopefully still might be, a defining moment in my love and passion of electronic music.

Also posted at:
http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...ead.php?t=6562

Drew L.
(contact info not posted in forum)

Last edited by energetik; 09-08-2007 at 10:12 PM.