Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Cranks
river

Re: Denver show now at the Fillmore Auditorium
Wow, really cool show. Yeah Karl said we'd all be getting a free copy of OwB due to the fiasco of moving the show from Red Rocks.

Not exactly sure of the exact setlist, but basically this was it:

Dirty Epic
Crocodile
Dark Train
Beautiful Burnout
Rez/Cowgirl
New song? (Karl on guitar)
Two Months Off
Spikee
Born slippy
King of Snake
Pearls Girl
Moaner

Encore: Jumbo

Somone else might be more accurate, I don't think I missed any though. It's late, I'm tired. But the show rocked, the crowd loved Rez/Cowgirl (as expected).
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

absolutely amazing show. Karl was really going for it. Touching moment in the beginning when rick and karl embraced before the show. Crowd down front was great. Everyone loving it and going mental. Oh my god what an amazing day!

To top it off, I met rick and karl outside the Fillmore today.

http://uwlive.groups.vox.com
Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Bargo
pants

That's so awesome of the band to repay the fans for something that wasn't even their fault to begin with. They just went up yet another notch in my book, good show R+K!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 AM
graphex
river

That show was awesome. Couldn't ask for anything better from anyone involved. The ticket folks were kind enough to let me exchange my tickets for the much less expensive Chemical Bros/Underworld combo ticket, the band made it right with their album gift, and above all, the show was absolutely incredible!!

What was that song (I think after Rez/Cowgirl) with Karl on the guitar? That was a really great sound, kind of reminded me of the music in the movie 28 Days Later - I half expected zombies to be on the big screen behind the band! That was a really great song - I hope it is on Obilivion With Bells... if not, they should put it on an EP or something.

Moaner wasn't the smoothest, but it happens, and they pulled it off. I'd chalk it up to the altitude - the lack of oxygen

Fucking amazing show. Would have been a perfect day for Red Rocks, but we definitely wouldn't have had the same sound and the same energy in the croud. Great crowd, great sound, really worth the wait and initial disappointment of the venue change. I hope they come back here again.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:42 AM
lloyd
bungalow

That'll be Glam Bucket of the new cd
Moaner has to be ugly, dark, raw, mean.... that's how I like it live.
013 tilburg 2005, show1, that was the best ever version I did hear live. So dark it was black.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Butcher of Bakersfield
videobutcher

lucky mountaineers you. you got Dark Train and Pearl's Girl. noice.

what's Shake that Higher btw?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:41 AM
patrick
river

and dirty epic... didn't someone request that one earlier in this thread to compensate for their ddisapointment?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Oh man. I am so pleased for everyone after the downer at the beginning of the week! From the pix, looks like it was a great show. And what a truly lovely gesture to the US fans to do a special limited offer. These guys are awesome.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:29 AM
dc_04
mouseman

best show of the tour so far, imo.. absolutely awesome

sitting at the denver airport now.. exhausted. pics and vids will be uploaded as soon i get settled in NYC.

bring on central park!!!!

- dc
Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM
jasdotcom
river

What an incredible show! I'm back in Tacoma exactly 26 hours after I left and I STILL feel the beauty of Glam Buckut all over me!

What a treat the boys gave us. Hearing Dirty Epic, Dark Train, Spikee for the first time live would be enough but nay! We were gifted with Karl's guitar and Rick's unleashed passion during G.B....AND given a copy of the new album?!? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

On a very personal note: I used the opportunity of this show to propose to my girlfriend during Born Slippy and she said yes! I introduced her to the band when we first met so UW have been a constant part of our relationship. The boys may as well have been around to witness the next step, eh?

We met folks from Portland, L.A., and Atlanta, and a few that we know from here. EVERYONE had a great time. Epic is an understatement for this show!!!