Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

obama 2012 (?????)
I tried finding the earlier thread that talked about our predictions for how obama will do next election. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts now, if we were to return to the question.

will you vote for obama (hypothetically even) ?
do you think he will win?
do you think he deserves to win?

my answers are

no
no
and no.

- Mark Twain

Old 06-27-2010, 02:34 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Re: obama 2012 (?????)
Absolutely not.
Hope not.
No.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:55 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

ooh... i didn't know there were any right wingers here. or is your disappointment in obama unrelated to politics but rather as to his effectiveness?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
ooh... i didn't know there were any right wingers here. or is your disappointment in obama unrelated to politics but rather as to his effectiveness?
As far as mongoose, he doesn't even think Obama is a natural born citizen. As for me, I'm no right winger, I just think Obama is a failed presidency (so far). This is what I said the last time this issue was raised and it didn't seem like anyone agreed with me, so I'm wondering if anything has changed.

- Mark Twain

Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 AM
kagenaki koe
children are futura

depends on who he's running against. if Dubya can win two terms anything is possible.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Depends if he's better than the alternative. Hard to make a big impact when youre spending your time cleaning up after the last administration.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:29 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Is guantanamo closed yet?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:09 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

I wouldn't vote for him again, honestly all I see now is the same ol' cycle of Dems blaming Republicans for everything that sucks. Halfway through the presidency and all we get is a healthcare bill to 'patch' a system that doesn't really work in the first place.

I like Obama as a person, I like what he represents, but honestly I can't say America is better off with him as president. His speeches are great but has anything really improved???

Not to say we'd be better with McCain. Howard Dean was actually always my dream president. Oh well...

On a related note, does anyone else think terms should be 6 years but with no possibility of re-election? It's a little disconcerning that the last 7-8 months of every first term is spent primarily attempting to get re-elected...
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Andrea
light at heart

it´s not an easy work to be a politician
you know... like trying to discern the coastline from different heights

but is there any politician who have ever made a good job enough in history?
it seems as if everybody is making the best of a bad all the time
Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
On a related note, does anyone else think terms should be 6 years but with no possibility of re-election? It's a little disconcerning that the last 7-8 months of every first term is spent primarily attempting to get re-elected...
it's a tricky one, isn't it? even if a second term is granted - it's only really 2 years before everybody's looking to the next guy and thereby denying the president any meaningful power. usuallly why 2-term presidents save it until year 6 before they 'tackle the palestinian issue' - it's just 'meaningless busy-time' as lisa simpson would put it...