Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:19 AM
jose m
pants

Re: Kentish Town Forum 16-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool Street View Post
Am I the only one who found this gig disappointing? Far too much off Barking which alienated most of the crowd. There were no surprises or memorable moments for me in this gig, no Banstyle or the like chucked in. I'd love to hear what others think. Am I being too hard or maybe my expectations were set too high?
your the only one !
atmosphere was great,band played better at roundhouse and sounded better but as a gig it was ace.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:35 AM
whatmakesustick

I really enjoyed the gig because it was uptempo - but I have to say I would love to hear more mixing between tracks and 'interlude' tracks (i.e. Pricey's tunes). I am kind of hoping that this was still Underworld in 'festival' mode and if you think about it, the set list was EXACTLY the same as the festival shows except that they had 15mins to fill in at the end to make it upto the 2 hours. It was still a promotional gig with huge guest list, like the iTunes festival, etc.

I dont mind the quick beats and quick thrills! But the odd 'suprise' quick thrill would be great. For example they shortened TMO to fit into a 'no track longer than 6/7mins set' and I'm sure they could do the same with others (thinking of when they mixed Pearls Girl into Push on Tokyo 3CD).

I have seen them so many times now, and I keep going back to see them because there is always something different between each show.

Interestring that none of the OWB tracks are making the setlist - I guess the mood of them is completely different to Barking.

I'm not complaning by the way as I had a top night and its great to see the guys obviously enjoying themselves!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
I really enjoyed the gig because it was uptempo - but I have to say I would love to hear more mixing between tracks and 'interlude' tracks (i.e. Pricey's tunes). I am kind of hoping that this was still Underworld in 'festival' mode and if you think about it, the set list was EXACTLY the same as the festival shows except that they had 15mins to fill in at the end to make it upto the 2 hours. It was still a promotional gig with huge guest list, like the iTunes festival, etc.

I dont mind the quick beats and quick thrills! But the odd 'suprise' quick thrill would be great. For example they shortened TMO to fit into a 'no track longer than 6/7mins set' and I'm sure they could do the same with others (thinking of when they mixed Pearls Girl into Push on Tokyo 3CD).

I have seen them so many times now, and I keep going back to see them because there is always something different between each show.

Interestring that none of the OWB tracks are making the setlist - I guess the mood of them is completely different to Barking.

I'm not complaning by the way as I had a top night and its great to see the guys obviously enjoying themselves!
They've said OWB was a slight mistake in that the songs couldnt be done live and Barking has been done with a live setting in mind.

Hope the set is mixed up a bit for the tours. This should be in thoery the end of the "standard" set.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton's finest
Downpipe, which by all accounts only just missed being included on the album
eh?!?! i assumed that it must've stood no chance whatsoever for whatever reasons! it's the best new thing they've done - wipes the floor with each and every tune included on barking.

i'm truly stunned if this is true!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:16 AM
Spooky Shoes
Sole Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Shoes View Post
I made the mistake of making assumptions about this gig...
Just for clarity, I am knocking myself first and foremost.

Normally I don't have any expectations for a show/gig, this time I did which was a mistake on my part. I am not saying that I didn't enjoy it.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:50 AM
scary man
Sci-Fi Jesus

We had a great time at the show last night. It was more or less the same set from the iTunes festival, so no major surprises, but the encore was tremendous. Pearl's Girl growled and snapped at the crowd from somewhere inside a dense cloud of smoke. Then Moaner brought everyone to the edge of a nervous breakdown.

Top night.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:21 AM
orangepants
river

Firstly, I think it is worth putting any complaining about the setlist from last night’s show into perspective. We should probably bear in mind that some of us that live within a reasonable distance of London are perhaps a little spoiled by being able to see the guys on virtually every tour.

Last time I saw the band we were fortunate enough to hear ‘Parc’, ‘Spoonman’, ‘Oich Oich’ and ‘Rowla’. However, I’m sure some of our forum colleagues living in places that aren’t frequented by Underworld quite as often would appreciate the opportunity to even hear ‘Nuxx’ or ‘Two Months Off’ yet again! (or even for the very first time!)

That aside, I really enjoyed last night’s show. It delivered exactly what I expected an ‘album launch’ gig would – a significant showing from the new record peppered with a few of the more obvious favourites. The only semi-surprise was ‘Pearl’s Girl’ (was expecting ‘Jumbo’) but the encore was superb and definitely pushed the whole show for me from ‘good’ to ‘great’.

Hopefully now that the summer festivals, iTunes gig and the album launch are out of the way we will see something of a return to the longer sets with more interludes and maybe a few fan favourites.

Also, I only encountered two idiots in the crowd all night. This must be something of a record for a concert in London?

Always an inspirational evening anyway... I do hope I still have such energy, drive and passion for new music / art when I reach the same age as Karl and Rick... although long may they continue!

I took lots of pictures (with a real camera, not an iPhone) so will hopefully get those up this evening.

Last edited by orangepants; 09-17-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:10 AM
orangepants
river

Just a few I took, the rest are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangep...th/4999152908/
Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Nice pix!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
This should be in thoery the end of the "standard" set.
This