Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

Decrypting Electronic's lyrics (rough draft)
This is what I've come up with so far. By all means contribute and help figure this puppy out.

Nothing makes me happier then listening to an Underworld song and stopping every .4 seconds to write down what I think he's saying. Two sources for material: Bang the Poll obviously has cleaner lyrics but Electronic is just a tad slower and less in the background. For things I cant figure out I wrote in parenthesis what it sounds like. Dots replace shit I cant even begin to understand.

"refugee rain one hand, come down between us i explain, how good i feel and everything, in my imagination

you got the wrong end, misunderstanding, watching the sunrise over the water back in the piers, protection i discard

sleepless, ice in the applejuice, chrome around the coffee, loaded you get your legs waxed till 2AM oh

thats so lovely, here comes the cappuccino girl, the dark red line around your lips girl, too many late nights girl

smiling clutching your fingertips, she let me sit alone, let me gather fragments (like a bone stone?)

let me sit with a feel, let me slip off the feet, roll past an off beat, ive been carrying it all day, delicate (...?), do

do you need a ride, random wreck feel silence inside, double detrimental, the perfection superglued

gather the dark breach acrossing above our heads above us, sending into the (??) chicken.

might be crusades, crusade for truth and justice. when will it come to end? turbulation turbulent, look fast

i smooth the fingers, your kissing my ears again. "im just behind you girls" he says, shaken in your air, strapped in

im rockin', covering your eyes, your lips rubbed with fingers you make the sign of a lock and key, you nod and smile

leaning into the wind, she called bang me bang me bang me bang me, she pulled snake back (..?), curse

cursing her heels, tangled hair mr. cash man, cupid once on, royal hot fresh water starboard, wait

waiting for the green lights, waiting out for a green man, bang the poll and here he comes, shes on the inline, laser blind girl blonde

<<<next section is cut out of Bang the Poll, but is in Electronic>>
your a dancing queen (and in a cardiac?.....) dogs tied up to a wall, see

see the three ring down, selling the road trips (to torrez?) like the boy in the blue mat walking, walking tight rope for money, she
<<<end cut>>>

she was wandering around in nothing but this little white silk and he said (skimmit box?).. the dalhi, the japanese girls, a long way from home

tic tacs and pokeys, waitin' for a green man banging the poll, long all gone she says "i feel weightless", (monk fish?), in

in memphis (having chocolate gold teeth and argue?) you want more ill give you everyone, black eyed tan get behind the shots, you think

you think im an idiot, fresh boy roses, can you cut it? cherry fingers waiting for the memory they want

you want to get it on, you want to get it juiced, (..........?), touched

undertouched, mom mom mom the pictures finished, i love horseplay and for money for a junkie, mother eyes

eyes behind glass behind glass, hello my name is bernadette, i hope you like my music, have a nice day (??) sir"

<<<theres more but thats all i have for tonight, more tomorrow>>>

Last edited by Malt Refund; 10-25-2005 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:19 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Decrypting Electronic's lyrics (rough draft)
this song is very sexy. im beginning to love it.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:40 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

WOW! Good job....I was gonna add some stuff I thought you had wrong, but then went back and listened to "bang the poll" and you were right!

side note - hearing "poll" now after "electronic part 1" makes me hate that vocoder even more.....
Old 10-23-2005, 10:35 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

wow. im the opposite. i love the vocoder now.. really sets the right mood.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Malt Refund
croatoa

As long as I understand the lyrics it wont matter cuz if he uses a vocoder in concert I can just mouth the words. But I do love the vocoder. The vocoder debate will rage on until the end of time I think.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

I give up on the rest of the lyrics, the beats too loud in Electronic and the vocals are mixed up and messed around at the end of Bang.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:52 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

I will have a shot at it when I can find my cans, which have mysteriously disappeared into the Black Hole that materialises every time my son borrows something.

Still think it is "where would you get your legs waxed at 2am" though... whence V V V
Old 10-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

Yub your right, made editz.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:20 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

hey malt, thanks so much for this.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

Ya no prob I love it I cant help myself.