Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:00 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Sunshine soundtrack is released!
sunshine soundtrack is now in plus format
trying to figure how to update it for less money than just re-buying it but since i got an itunes gift card i dont have much of a problem destroying the DRM-poisoned ones either
Old 02-14-2009, 03:13 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Nice. To upgrade your existing album to Plus, on the main page of the iTunes Store, you should see a graphic that has a big + symbol and says iTunes Plus. Alternatively, you may have a link on the right-hand side of the screen under "Quick Links" that says "Upgrade to iTunes Plus".

Click on either one of these, and you'll be presented with the option to upgrade your previous purchases to iTunes Plus.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:25 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

awesome, thanks.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:05 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

So, up until this year, Sunshine was only available on iTunes. But apparently, they re-issued it to some other platforms (including streaming, like Spotify) in May 2018.

So while you can now buy it on Google Play and Amazon Music, the really interesting one is the TIDAL store:

http://tidal.com/store/album/88890392

because they offer a lossless FLAC purchase option. This is the first time this has been available in lossless. I couldn't find it in any other lossless stores (like 7Digital or Qobuz), except for one or two stores in Japan.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:44 AM
BishBash
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
the really interesting one is the TIDAL store:

http://tidal.com/store/album/88890392

because they offer a lossless FLAC purchase option. This is the first time this has been available in lossless.

Good spot sir! I've never visited TIDAL before as I assumed they were subscription only. I've also never owned this soundtrack (!), naively assuming that one day it would appear on CD. Perhaps this is as close as we'll get, Mind you, £18 sterling for a download does seem rather expensive. If they can put it on TIDAL, why not elsewhere for about...half the price?

Just found myself on the wikpedia page for the OST as well. Interesting to see how many times Adagio in D Minor has been re-used elsewhere including, most recently, Ready Player One.

*EDIT* oh, PS that track did also appear on CD on a 2014 compilation: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Klas...elease/6016680

Last edited by BishBash; 11-27-2018 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:55 AM
iamneorev
pants

Damn, I always thought this had a CD release as I found a rip in FLAC of their soundtrack CD, which apparently is unofficial. So now I wonder if the CD rip is even actually lossless. I have 2 different variations ripped.

Damn, I hope it goes up on Qobuz. I'd love to have this in lossless.

Wish there was a good way to reach the guys and suggest stuff that needs releasing. I try reaching them on Instagram, but never get a response.

This and Saved From The Cutting Room Floor need a proper lossless release. They also need to re-release the Riverrun Series.

Last edited by iamneorev; 11-27-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:20 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I have luck getting responses from hello@Underworldlive.com. last time I suggested a release of riverrun as it is only available on YouTube I got a boiler plate "no plans for release at this time" response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Damn, I always thought this had a CD release as I found a rip in FLAC of their soundtrack CD, which apparently is unofficial. So now I wonder if the CD rip is even actually lossless. I have 2 different variations ripped.

Damn, I hope it goes up on Qobuz. I'd love to have this in lossless.

Wish there was a good way to reach the guys and suggest stuff that needs releasing. I try reaching them on Instagram, but never get a response.

This and Saved From The Cutting Room Floor need a proper lossless release. They also need to re-release the Riverrun Series.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:41 AM
industri_studios
mouseman

I could be wrong, but I had always assumed the lossless rip floating around was from an "unofficial" CD likely made for Academy Award consideration or some similar licensing reasons...

(I also vaguely recall some legal shenanigans around this soundtrack, meaning non-digital released, IIRC, were unlikely).
Old 11-28-2018, 09:47 AM
bestmatti
river

If riverrun and the like were released physically it would be reviewed and would be admired and appreciated by presumably new admirers also aswell as the media. Seems a waste of amazing music to be left drifting into the abyss. I met Karl Hyde at dogboy show and brought this very fact up about a riverrun release but the response was not very enthusiastic. I think if I'd talked to him about "I exhale" there would have been more interest!
Old 11-28-2018, 12:18 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmatti View Post
If riverrun and the like were released physically it would be reviewed and would be admired and appreciated by presumably new admirers also aswell as the media. Seems a waste of amazing music to be left drifting into the abyss. I met Karl Hyde at dogboy show and brought this very fact up about a riverrun release but the response was not very enthusiastic. I think if I'd talked to him about "I exhale" there would have been more interest!
That's such a shame. Don't get me wrong Barbara Barbara had its moments, but personally Riverrun was stronger. It deserves more than it's getting from the UW guys. Such a waste of brilliant music. Out of all of their post-Emerson releases, I revisit Riverrun the most.