Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:40 AM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
So today's the big day. Good luck to the guys!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
I have a friend who is working on the release and he sent me a track listing today. It's not just a bit of underworld, it's underworld heavy. He swore me to secrecy about the tracks themselves but I'll share information that I think won't get anyone in trouble.

There are two tracks where UW are listed first, followed by other artists. Given the other artist names these tracks will probably be somewhat filmic, rather than their solo work. [run time removed]

There are [several] UW tracks also appearing on the release. Run times vary, [run times removed]. There are sequential numbers in the listing that indicate some of these tracks will run back to back, but some missing track numbers indicate other pieces not owned by UW will be interspersed.

The tracks span their career. The tracks appearing are drawn from the following albums: Barking, OWB, STITI, DNB, and one non-album release.

[edited to remove more specifics like run time and number of tracks. sorry, i felt guilty for sharing so much]
This tweet sounds positive:

https://twitter.com/stu_fraser/statu...58092434108417

So is there new material to be found?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 AM
cacophony
disquietude

yes, two new pieces, quite long in total (i'm reluctant to include actual track times so think thing in a book length).

i've done a bit of youtubing on the artists listed with them and i think we can expect some phenomenal live percussion as well as choral support.

and then after that it's all existing stuff. as a fan, the set list gave me butterflies. it's not just a collection of radio singles. it's a good selection.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:45 AM
starfox203
mouseman

From UW via Facebook:

With only hours to go until the London Olympic Ceremony starts its hard to believe tonight is finally here. Underworld have been working hard with Danny Boyle to make this an amazing event, composing two original pieces of music as well as producing all the music elements in the three-hour extravaganza.
Hold on to your seats and cheer on the #TechnoOlympiad
Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

any mention of how we can get a hold of these in the US? i don't see it in our iTunes.

edit: nevermind, there it is
Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
yes, two new pieces, quite long in total (i'm reluctant to include actual track times so think thing in a book length).

i've done a bit of youtubing on the artists listed with them and i think we can expect some phenomenal live percussion as well as choral support.

and then after that it's all existing stuff. as a fan, the set list gave me butterflies. it's not just a collection of radio singles. it's a good selection.
Feel free to PM it 5 mins before it starts.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
Feel free to PM it 5 mins before it starts.
haha i had that thought, like i'm being so vague why would anyone believe me? i had a ton of specifics in my original post but i started worrying that it would leak. what else can i share without betraying my friend? hmm...

well, according to the track list i have now, they are not the first track on either disc. on disc 1 they're not the first, second or third. you figure out the rest. oh yeah, then their next piece isn't until after the thirteenth track. subtle enough for you?

they dominate disc 2: 4 tracks from DNB, 1 from STITI, 1 from OWB, 2 from Barking, 1 non-album track.

i've also been told that they're still tweaking the final playlist. like up until the last minute they're going to be changing cues.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 AM
cacophony
disquietude

also i just want to note that i haven't visited this site in over a year, but as soon as this information came my way i thought of my fellow dirts first and logged in immediately.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:06 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
It's up on iTunes US now too.
Seems like they took down the iTunes US link
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

yup, they did. Looks like I'm gonna have to beg via Dirty for a listen.

I'm recording the show since I won't be home but would LOVE to have the mp3s.