Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:32 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Our Own Anthology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
I read somewhere that some version of "Underworld - Why Why Why" was also called on some releases "Underworld - Change"? Is it really a proper mix?
i think "Change" is a typographic error. The "Wasted: Best of Volume" compilation says "Change" on the cover, but correctly reads "Why,why,why" in the booklet accompanying the collection.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 PM
mark3
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
Isnt the wasted 8min mix just a fade of the 12min version?
No, 'Change' ends the same way as the long version of Why Why Why.
I still prefer the full 12 minutes version
Old 04-10-2006, 01:44 PM
mark3
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
i think "Change" is a typographic error. The "Wasted: Best of Volume" compilation says "Change" on the cover, but correctly reads "Why,why,why" in the booklet accompanying the collection.
You're right, I never noticed that before now. Strange typo...
Old 04-10-2006, 01:59 PM
stimpee
Administrator

It was called Why Why Why on Volume 8 i think (which i dont have), then the Wasted Compilation came out (which I have) and on the card sleeve it states Change and on the cd case but in the book it states Why Why Why.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:06 AM
lloyd
bungalow

On Volume 8 it is:
back of booklet Underworld - Why Why Why? version
Track details on last page Underworld - Why Why Why? (5.15)
page 36 in booklet Underworld - Why Why Why? Remix of track from limited promo 12-inch produced by underworld engineered by Steve Dubb at Da Da Studios, Romford
Old 04-11-2006, 08:00 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Quote:
It was called Why Why Why on Volume 8 i think (which i dont have), then the Wasted Compilation came out (which I have) and on the card sleeve it states Change and on the cd case but in the book it states Why Why Why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd
On Volume 8 it is:
back of booklet Underworld - Why Why Why? version
Track details on last page Underworld - Why Why Why? (5.15)
page 36 in booklet Underworld - Why Why Why? Remix of track from limited promo 12-inch produced by underworld engineered by Steve Dubb at Da Da Studios, Romford
That settles it, then!

Anyway, it's an ace track with a lovely build-up. Still, i think one or the other version (8 min or 12 min) is sufficient for the Anthology. Saving that time could allow for another rare track to get in!

Holden
Old 04-11-2006, 08:41 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Well i've been listening to all three versions and can't make head or tail of it...

As far as i can tell the 8 minute version starts and ends the same way as the 12 minute version (the original 12" one), so is edited somewhere in the middle - approximately 6:00 in the track, the style changes slightly and becomes more swqelchy - so whoever edited it down just chopped 4 minutes from between 6-10 minutes in the track - other than that its no different

The 5 minute 'remix' is also no different as far as i can tell, and just fades earlier in the track - so calling it a remix or version is not strictly true..

The only explanation i can give for the 'Change' text typo is that the track uses what sounds like a 'Change' sample in it at the begining and may well have been scheduled to be called that - or that the 'Wasted' compilers listened to it put 'Change' on the back of the case, realised their mistake and forgot to alter the cover but made changes to the rest of the CD...

Anyway, anyone wanting a good remix of why why why, without forking out for the original, you should check out Futureshock's The Question which was basically a 'new' mix and you'd be foolled into thinking that it was an offical Underworld remix

why oh why oh why?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:45 AM
negative1

agreed, i think a different track would be better
here...now to go find one!

since they're both on cd...its probably
better to put something else on there..

hmmm...thanks for the discussion....

how about 'second hand' which is an
edit of 'thing in a book' (even though
i have that later).....

the thing is, its hard to find both of
these tracks without buying the
compilations that they come on..

so it's really a toss up.

later

Last edited by negative1; 04-11-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative1
how about 'second hand' which is an
edit of 'thing in a book' (even though
i have that later).....

the thing is, its hard to find both of
these tracks without buying the
compilations that they come on..

so it's really a toss up.

later
second hand is not only available on the original (and becoming hard to find) Volume 1 of Cafe Del Mar (mine is vinyl) but on the easily available (and reasonably cheap) Cafe Del Mar Dreams compilation which is where I got my CD copy from.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:52 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
second hand is not only available on the original (and becoming hard to find) Volume 1 of Cafe Del Mar (mine is vinyl) but on the easily available (and reasonably cheap) Cafe Del Mar Dreams compilation which is where I got my CD copy from.
Second Hand, is also on Cream Balearic a 3 x CD Set, which is fairly obtainable as well...

and as far as i know they repressed Cafe Del Mar Volume 1 here, with all the Cafe Del Mar Albums... its just £7.99 now:

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayP...;-1&sku=368651

there is an edited version (in the mix) 7 minutes 47 seconds long on the Chilled Euphoria CD Compilation too...and i think there's an edit on Chilled Ibiza compilation.

make me wonder that there must be an acetate or promo of this knocking about as Jose Padillia must have had an original copy if he played it at the Cafe in 1994... *wants*