Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Moby- The Day
Intro sounds A LOT like Between Stars.

Liked the Ep he just put out, but the remixes of this new song- kinda meh. not bad, but not on par with "Last Night" which i thoroughly enjoyed.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:48 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

Re: Moby- The Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
Intro sounds A LOT like Between Stars.

Liked the Ep he just put out, but the remixes of this new song- kinda meh. not bad, but not on par with "Last Night" which i thoroughly enjoyed.
I'll also give a nod for 'last night'. Certainly one of my favorite Moby albums.

I too liked the new EP but haven't made up my mind on The Day yet...

uw0006
Old 05-01-2011, 08:57 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

hmm...

I downloaded what I thought was "the EP" - but it didn't have Moby's original version, just:

The Day (Sasha Remix)
The Day (Lifelike Remix)
The Day (Gesaffelstein Remix)
The Day (Funkerman Remix)

I have to say... the remixes aren't that bad - I mean sure, they could be better...

Sasha's mix could've been like - three minutes shorter, and you wouldn't miss anything (even if we're just talking about it in terms of being used within a dj set)

but the "Gesaffelstein" mix is really quite good. There's something about the weird awkwardness in it that I really dig.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Get the free EP he's offering on his website.

Do you not hear the similarity to Between Stars?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
Get the free EP he's offering on his website.

Do you not hear the similarity to Between Stars?

Oh - I misunderstood what you were saying...

I thought what you meant was that there was a another new EP (other than "Be The One") but for "the Day"

judging by the remixes for "the Day" - I don't hear a similarity to "Between Stars" ... but I guess I need to listen to Moby's original version -> which - I now see that there's a video for it on his webpage (about to listen/watch it now)
Old 05-27-2011, 07:19 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Hmm, "The Day" is a fairly annoying single. Lyrics make me cringe.

I listeneded to the new album "Destroyed" once... it was a lot more exciting than "wait for me" and a little more genuine than "Last Night". Some fairly enjoyable soundscapes and one or two upbeat dance tracks. But nothing i can remember distinctly. That's sad. I loved his debut, "Early Underground". most of "Everything is Wrong". While people went ga-ga over "Play". i think the singles or maybe the first half of the record are better than the whole. With "18", he had these huge shoes to fill and he never could again. A few decent tracks, but by and large a "Play" retread. "Hotel" is even worse in it's attempt to be glam, while "Last Night" is forced nostalgia and "Wait for Me" is forced indie/minimal.

It pains me to say it, but Moby's finest tricks were adding 4 moody chords under 90's techno. He's been playing that variant for years. I will probably listen to "destroyed" several times to try to find "growers", but nothing makes me as excited as his 90's output did.